Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR
Quote:In-body IS is the future, in-lens IS is the past except maybe for extremely long tele lenses.

I thinks so too, but we are now taking photos in the present........

The lack of IS wasn't a panacea for sharpness here though...... 
Quote: The lack of IS wasn't a panacea for sharpness here though...... 
True dat!  Big Grin
Klaus,

how dare you to rate a Fuji lens only avarage?

You should have known that could only be a defective lens which has sent you a disappointed Fuji customer.

Fuji lenses are always superior......That said, at least the German Fuji Forum and is upset about your XF16-55 test.

But seriously,

I appreciate your work and am pleased that there is such an independent test site, keep it up.

Hans

Quote:Klaus,

.....That said, at least the German Fuji Forum and is upset about your XF16-55 test.

Try to catch him. There's a reason he escaped to Australia :ph34r:   :lol:

The Forum members could make the effort to read about PZ's rating scale. 3 ★ are "good/average in the true sense". Not that I have an overview about all lenses in this class and their ratings, but I don't think there are a lot of better ones.

Edit: After looking at some tests I stand corrected. Most lenses are better than this one  :wacko:

So it was an excellent idea to save the money for it.

With the new Fuji X-T4, is the 16-55mm f2.8 lens worth 18-55mm f2.8-4 for amateur street photography? 

Thank you.
The 16-55mm is a bit too expensive compared to what the 18-55mm is already capable of.
I'd vote for the 18-55mm as the most reasonable choice - also because it has an OIS.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(03-29-2020, 12:52 AM)Klaus Wrote: The 16-55mm is a bit too expensive compared to what the 18-55mm is already capable of.
I'd vote for the 18-55mm as the most reasonable choice - also because it has an OIS.

The 18-55 is good optically but its bokeh is very bad which is why I decided to sell it.
Also 16 vs 18mm is significant.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
It is average for the price.

Standard zoom lenses are a bit boring in general but useful. Now most people don't really need the F2. 8 unless they are into wedding photography or newsreporting. Carrying extra weight for average bokeh at 55mm F2.8 humans are amazing creatures.

The 18-55 is a more reasonable option indeed.