Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera
I still like Brightcolours!  And Wim, Toni-a, Obican, Dave's, and the rest.  We are all at some level of knowledge, and trying to push that knowledge a little further.  Sadly, this has degenerated in to a DPReview style discussion.  I thought all of you guys were friends who love there hobby.  I admit I know less than most of the people on the forum.  I do get the impression that the two who know the most are at opposite ends of the politeness spectrum.  Rude behavior, in my experience is often at its worst between friends who respect each others skills, because then it becomes a friendly rivalry.

OK, Brightcolours can go a bit far.  That means he loves you, by my way of thinking.

He has pointed out valuable information about the focus screen which I personally find fascinating!  I've never considered changing a focus screen because if there is a risk that it will be out of focus, what's the point.

@ Brightcolours AKA "asshat" (just kidding!)  Pretend I know nothing about cameras.  Is it really that easy to change focus screens on the 6D, and the secret is to stick with Canon made screens?  That is VERY valuable information, and all of us Canon shooters are adding to our knowledge whether we thank BC or not!  My question:  Does this apply to the Canon 5D Mark II? 

I listen to you guy's arguments that demonstrated the superiority of the 6D over the 5D Mark II, but I was given a pristine 5D Mark II, and a 1.4x teleconverter, my Christmas gifts!  So, needless to say, I've gladly accepted it, and will finally experience the world of FF shooting!  I will attempt to look this up on the internet.  I just received the camera yesterday evening.  But, how great it would be if I could switch to the fast screen, with out having to be a camera tech. 

@ Wim, and Klaus (who made a reference in a different thread).  You have made comments that are thought provoking.  Being not at the level to really need to know how it's done, but still curious about MFA.  Wim, you mention that the lens is shimmed at the factory if necessary to adjust any back/front focusing inherent in the lens (paraphrasing of course).  Klaus, you mentioned that some lens had a lens defect that (probably) Sigma was able to correct remotely using the electronic usb pedestal (pretty much lying here).  This combines in my little pea brain and makes me wonder.  Is the EUP really just for firmware updates?  what if it can shift the alignment (close and far points) of the focus group.  Then the lens could be produced with less exacting tolerances, and MFA at the lens as a final step.  Or maybe this is already known to be the case...I just like reading about stuff.  Personally, I have hoped that the MFA could be done on the lens side, and be a quick fix, instead of a repair issue.  A self-diagnostic.  

Then in my over active imagination I picture the pedestal and camera being linked together.

I could tell you my guess of how I think it is done currently in camera, but it would just be a guess, and I don't really need to know yet.  I have too much new gear to play with to even care about MFA, and focus screens.  That will wait until I have nothing new, and have to perfect what I have as the next great improvement.

Messages In This Thread
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 12:43 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 09:04 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-23-2016, 07:59 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by Arthur Macmillan - 01-14-2017, 08:14 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 03:23 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 09:22 AM