Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera
Quote:You again write a lot without being correct in any point. 

Calibration does not touch on telling the lens where to stop to achieve focus. It calibrates the steps a lens makes. The AF system can see when something is in focus, but does not check the end and leaves that to a rightly calibrated lens, for speed purposes (the camera manufacturers do not want a hunting game at the end, where focus is never really achieved).

The flange distance is only of interest for reaching infinity and determined MFD. It has no bearing what so ever on AF or AF accuracy. Again, see extension tubes (lenses work just fine with them, despite what your typing suggests).

You have no clue on how PD AF actually functions on DSLRs...  :ph34r:

The noise banding the 5D mkII gives is very widely known. The 5D mk II in my opinion is a nice tool, but in sensor output the 6D has passed it by some margin.
Funny on how you always interpret things the way you want to, how you insist on others proving things, and not proving anything yourself.

Correct flange distance is one thing, and only part of shimming. AF accuracy is influenced by correct position of lens relative to sensor in its 3D position on the camera.

Of course do extension tubes work with lenses, I have been using them for only 40+ years. Read again what I said.

As to having clues about anything, I reckon I have forgotten more than you have ever learned, my dear.

As to noise banding, have you ever actually experienced it? I guess not. Yes, I have read about it, I own a 5D II, and you know what? As already mentioned, never experienced it.

And yes, the 6D is a nice camera, with newer sensor technology, never denied that. For me not an upgrade, however, for the type of shooting I do.

Anyway, wasted too much time here already. I do not need to prove anything, and neither do I feel the inclination. Just trying to help people.

Regards, W.
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 12:43 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 09:04 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-23-2016, 07:59 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by wim - 01-16-2017, 12:34 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 03:23 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 09:22 AM