Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera
Quote:Funny on how you always interpret things the way you want to, how you insist on others proving things, and not proving anything yourself.

Correct flange distance is one thing, and only part of shimming. AF accuracy is influenced by correct position of lens relative to sensor in its 3D position on the camera.

Of course do extension tubes work with lenses, I have been using them for only 40+ years. Read again what I said.

As to having clues about anything, I reckon I have forgotten more than you have ever learned, my dear.

As to noise banding, have you ever actually experienced it? I guess not. Yes, I have read about it, I own a 5D II, and you know what? As already mentioned, never experienced it.

And yes, the 6D is a nice camera, with newer sensor technology, never denied that. For me not an upgrade, however, for the type of shooting I do.

Anyway, wasted too much time here already. I do not need to prove anything, and neither do I feel the inclination. Just trying to help people.

Regards, W.
Funny how you always type with fake authority about things you do not know or understand.

You can keep on stating that "shimming" for the correct flange distance does impact AF, but that keeps on being categorical nonsense.

Like I pointed out, extension tubes work fine with the AF system. They would not if a percentage of a mm even would impact the AF accuracy, as you keep on implying. So, I think it is about time you gave that nonsense point a rest?

About you having forgotten a lot... yes, it does appear so.   Huh

About the 6D, just stated some facts. Did not state it is the best camera, did not state you have to like it or want one, or any one else for that matter. Just stated some facts as reaction to your writings.  :lol:

Don't try to help people with disinformation (about shimming of lenses being used to calibrate lenses to the AF system, about CA being about blue light in particular, about Nikon only having a higher DR because of NR which loses detail, about ISO being defined with light hitting a square area unit, and other wrong understandings).

It is fine to help, it also is fine to understand when you have it wrong and not to deride me whenever I explain things. And no, I do not pretend to know everything. I usually do not write about things I have no clue about, and when I have misuderstood something, I acknowledge it and give it a rest.

So, again, no, no shims are used to get accurate AF. We know a lens' position is not that important for AF to work, even without having to delve deeper into the actual nitty gritty of the workings of the AF system, simply by observing that AF keeps on working fine with extension tubes.

Messages In This Thread
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 12:43 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 09:04 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-23-2016, 07:59 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by Brightcolours - 01-16-2017, 10:46 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 03:23 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 09:22 AM