Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera
"I have recently given up completely on those for Canon bodies as they were not satisfactory to me. IOW, all my non-Canon and non-MFT lenses have left the house now Smile, except a few high quality enlarging lenses (for macro work Smile)."

Interesting summation Wim.  And I have to admit I only have an intuitive grasp of why the tubes defeat AF to a large extent.  I agree, tubes for shorter focal lenght, and Diopters for longer lengths, and yes they do seem to give the best of both worlds as far as image brightness and AF within their foreshortened focal distance range.  Also, someone, perhaps you(?) mentioned an interesting fact that teleconverters often are more useful with macro lenses then at telephoto distances.

And...I'm almost prepared to guess that your junking of analogue lenses.  Sort of a Wimsical Smile term since really, all lenses are analogue), but I get your meaning, Junking them just because they are confusing more than not capable.

Tubes shorten the distance between lens and object.  Yet Canon's life size converter changes its 50/2.5 1:2 macro to 1:1 macro, and actually increases the MFD, giving you more working room

My guess is that you just want to make your life simpler.  I don't even believe you believe your modern lenses are more than just convenient to use.  Lots of old lenses render perfection as we know it, even today.  Just not always as easily.

Pick up a couple lenses like the old Tamrons SP 500 F/8 mirror and you can sit somewhere and catch great candid, and bird in flight photos. 

What I'm getting at is if you are just junking some high end legacy glass...sent it to me!  But is has to be clean and with a long silky well damped and wide focus ring!  I still like taking the MF lenses out for fun.

Last time I checked Canon was not offering a 15mm 1:1 macro.  Surely you can make an exception to your rule, and get this one!

And yet.  Now I have Canon APS-c, Canon full frame.  And I want MFT as well.  So I must get rid of my beloved old lenses, to make was for efficent systems.  You are really pointing the way! Wim!

Messages In This Thread
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 12:43 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 09:04 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-23-2016, 07:59 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by Arthur Macmillan - 01-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 03:23 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 09:22 AM