Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera
All of the lenses you mention are extremely attractive to me!  Olympus and Pentax are two of my favorite to convert (No surprises there, I am sure!)  It sounds as is you have done the hard work of disposing of them, and I don't wish to cause you additional pain.  Some of those are gems though.  Two have my name written all over them. 

I actually have the much maligned Asahi Pentax Takumar 135/2.5.  I don't think it is fully coated, But neither are Leica lenses unless they have changed this in the last decade or so.  Of this lens, Pentax forums calls it good consumer grade glass.  You know how people love to parrot what others say?  Everywhere I read:  "Consumer grade glass"  I give the lens 10/10.  Lord, is that a sharp lens!  And the colors are as true as your mother's love!  I really don't know what people want!  If I close my hand around it is completely hidden in my fist.  Dimensions, via my clipboard's built in ruler, so give or take my comparison:

Takumar 135/2.5:  100mm L x 60mm Dia. with built in magnetic held hood, weight: 0 (estimate Smile )

EF 135/2L USM:    130mm L x 75mm Dia., Weight: 160 degrees Smile  - See when I were my camera I hate when it points down!

I'm not a fool.  I bought the 135/2L because I loved the Tak 135/2.5 and wanted better, and USM.  Possibly if I find a real photographer (easy standard to reach:  Better than me, in other words) Who appreciates it, I will give it away.

Okay enough on drooling over old lenses.  Would you believe yesterday, I went out to photograph rare plants, and forgot I had put a 13mm tube on my 60mm/2.8 Macro.  It was set up with a ring light, so that the lens looks small between the flash ring and control unit.  It took me an hour to figure out why I could rarely AF. 

The EFS 60 F/2.8 is one of my favorite macro lenses.  I like depth of field in macro's.  Especially for documentation and comparison of plant species.  So - Just because I love the EFS 60 I wanted to use it on my 5D Mark II.  Don't wince!  I mean with the 13mm tube to give the mirror clearance!  Did I get a full frame pic?  Did the camera say, "Not gonna do it"?

RESULT:  I worked fine!  1.39x magnification on the sensor!!!  Clear, Sharp, and AF working in good light & no flash needed

0.20x magnification possible at a distance way out at 0.1 meters (~1/4 foot) further out than my 180mm

Macro's minimum distance. 

Why you ask?  Well the EFS 60 is my plant closeup king.  Currently my 70 D is dead, poetically enough, with Error 70.  I was sent to the market to pay for repairs but I bought some magic beans (5D Mark II).

I am going to my bullpen.  (Manual Focus lenses, and now this EFS lens On EF mount with Macro tube for protection!).  I will get the job done!  I have to.  It's a very important job!

Always a pleasure, talking to all of those who inspire me! 

Kinder Regards Smile "Mac"

Messages In This Thread
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 12:43 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 09:04 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-23-2016, 07:59 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by Arthur Macmillan - 01-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 03:23 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 09:22 AM