Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera
As I already said in another thread: I don't call the Fuji "Medium Format" (as well as the Pentax "645" or the Leica SL). It's simply a blown up FF. From 42×56 mm sensor size we're talking again.

That's what makes the Fuji attractive to me: The form factor is not bigger than any current CaNikon FF bodies. Minus the less reliable AF system of DSLRs (generalizing, but after days of AF-adjustment I feel confident to say so). 

Now the lenses.

Tilt-shift? How about that:

[Image: pic_08.jpg]

Would be difficult to get a more versatile tilt shift lens, but since all of them are MF, adapt it.

[Image: pic_01.jpg]

For a new system they already provide some interesting stuff, I have to say.

As I said, the money is nothing I would just blow away for fun. But the IQ of that Fuji, as far I could see, is very yummy. Plus, with a Bayer sensor there will be less fuzz to get the RAWs developed.

I don't expect Nikon to come up with a well-made, well-thought mirrorless body to use my exisiting lenses. Even if they did, it will be done by using an adapter.

Today we constantly see new lenses coming out which go high- or even high-end quality, but also high volume and weight and occassionally also price. I have to say, I was quite happy enough with a Mamiya 645 and only 2 lenses. For special glass like UWA, longer teles I would be happy to rent a lens if i need one. Really long lenses will become far too heavy to handle, so I'd prefer APS-C anyway. And a macro lens is already in the portfolio.

After all, the sensor is around 4× the area of APS-C, but only twice the MP-count. I saw a photogrpaher wondering about HQ output at ISO 12.800.

Messages In This Thread
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 12:43 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 09:04 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-23-2016, 07:59 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by JJ_SO - 01-23-2017, 01:07 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 03:23 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 09:22 AM