•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm almost wondering ...
(04-04-2020, 10:27 AM)davidmanze Wrote: I think you will find the days of the 1.4 million dot EVF are confined to older cheap cameras such as the Sony A6000 ..... the Nikon Z6/Z7 have 3.6 million dots ..... the Z50 2.6 million dots.
 I tried the Z6 and the EVF was shall we say ....... not to my taste!
Silly me, before posting I checked the specs of the A9II, then double checked them as indeed the value was lower than it should've been, but all this time I was looking at the LCD's resolution!
But even 3.6m dots doesn't change anything. Though I admit, the highest resolution EVF I've seen was 2.4-ish.

I tried the Z6/7 and the EOS R at Photokina... well, the EVFs are getting better and better but there's a trick: for those who already like them.
If it doesn't work for you, bad luck, there's little to no addressing such issues. And honestly I don't know what they could do, since the concept is unchanged - a miniature TV centimeters in front of your eyes.
(04-04-2020, 11:22 AM)Kunzite Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 10:27 AM)davidmanze Wrote: I think you will find the days of the 1.4 million dot EVF are confined to older cheap cameras such as the Sony A6000 ..... the Nikon Z6/Z7 have 3.6 million dots ..... the Z50 2.6 million dots.
 I tried the Z6 and the EVF was shall we say ....... not to my taste!
Silly me, before posting I checked the specs of the A9II, then double checked them as indeed the value was lower than it should've been, but all this time I was looking at the LCD's resolution!
But even 3.6m dots doesn't change anything. Though I admit, the highest resolution EVF I've seen was 2.4-ish.

I tried the Z6/7 and the EOS R at Photokina... well, the EVFs are getting better and better but there's a trick: for those who already like them.
If it doesn't work for you, bad luck, there's little to no addressing such issues. And honestly I don't know what they could do, since the concept is unchanged - a miniature TV centimeters in front of your eyes.

The Panasonic SH1 has an EVF of 5.76 million dots !
How many pixels does that make?
(04-03-2020, 10:30 AM)mst Wrote: I understand that many of us are facing challenges by staying at home and needing to find a way to spend their time on something that seems to be useful or at least distracting.

Staying at home when you are into infectious disease and emergency medicine in the center of an epidemic ??? no way
risking your life on daily basis and not being able to see your children in confinement fearing to contaminate them, now that's frustrating.
OTOH in Lebanon we managed to flatten the curve and the number of new cases is on decline since one week... and we have been through several confinements during the war we know very well how to deal with such a situation, no hoarding, everything is widely available...
Although the thread has gone in all directions photographically speaking ..... we're back to Pentax with a comparison review from Li's utube video ......  the Tamron vs Pentax 70-210mm F4 lenses ....

BTW. I remain unconvinced by the 2 aspherical elements supposedly changed in the Pentax ...... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...e=emb_logo
Yeah, the optics are Tamron.
(04-04-2020, 02:05 PM)toni-a Wrote: Staying at home when you are into infectious disease and emergency medicine in the center of an epidemic ??? no way

That wasn't directed at you, Toni. I fully understand you're going through a really challenging situation, more than most of us do, and I hope you get the gratitude you deserve, and most of all get through this crisis healthy and safe.

(04-04-2020, 01:04 PM)davidmanze Wrote: The Panasonic SH1 has an EVF of 5.76 million dots !

I don't think lack of resolution is an issue with modern EVFs anymore. Plus, they can do things that no optical viewfinder ever could, like focus peaking, a live histogram, show the effect of the chosen white balance, simulate under- or over-exposure, maybe even motion blur based on the chosen shutter speed.

But then, as mentioned earlier, there are also things where they still simply can not match an OVF, mostly when it comes to contrast ratio, or colour accuracy.
Editor
opticallimits.com

(04-04-2020, 02:40 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Yeah, the optics are Tamron.

Yeah, and a poor sample!  In a situation like that where the lenses have "such a significant amount in common" (if not the same), yet show "so much difference in resolution" (it looked at all focal lengths to me)
...... the Pentax should be returned for another ....... with evidence like that Pentax could hardly refuse to exchange it!

(04-04-2020, 01:46 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: How many pixels does that make?

Errrr.. one, two ...... errr ... what comes after two?

You tell me .... your better at that sort of stuff than I !!  Smile
Perhaps Pentax indeed did change two elements' with different refracting glass than the formula dictates, hence the absolutely crappy results at distance :-D
(04-04-2020, 04:10 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Perhaps Pentax indeed did change two elements' with different refracting glass than the formula dictates, hence the absolutely crappy results at distance :-D

Crappy results where? Care to post a link?

By the way you sound like a dissappointed ex Pentaxian.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next