Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yongnuo YN 50mm f/1.8 S DA DSM announced
http://www.hkyongnuo.com/e-detaily.php?ID=491

APS-C
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
LOL @ the Chinlish.

"an automatic focus lens designed for the E mount APS-C frame digital camera of S."
"which has excellent performance in blurs background to highlight the main body"
"Carry the digital stepping motor" and so on.
That's why it's so cheap: the labor of professional PR writers and proofreaders was not included in the cost, for obvious reasons. Smile
What wonders me the most - this website looks like ... well ... from the mid 90s.
A half skilled student could set up a nice Wordpress site within a few days.
It really seems as if marketing is unheard of.

You should check their arabic language page, I doubt anybody would read, since at least the community here we use english and we don't understand arabic technical words.
I just learned that in my mother tongue a polarizer is called مرشح استقطابي
Huh, they have a Russian language site too. That one is decent though not ideal language-wise. Not Google-translated which you could see even with shop signs in some cities out our way (and it was both embarrassing and bloody hilarious to see). Smile
(04-14-2020, 10:29 PM)toni-a Wrote: You should check their arabic language page, I doubt anybody would read, since at least the community here we use english and we don't understand arabic technical words.
I just learned that in my mother tongue a polarizer is called مرشح استقطابي

Doch law' pa' laH bojatlhchugh toni ;-)

Fun fact: "Yongnuo" (永诺) means "eternal promise" in Chinese. Make of that what you will. Smile
(04-15-2020, 12:43 PM)Rover Wrote: Fun fact: "Yongnuo" (永诺) means "eternal promise" in Chinese. Make of that what you will. Smile

Fun fact II: "Loawa" (老哇)  apparently means raven? I also have seen it translated into old frog. Hmm..
(04-15-2020, 01:48 PM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 12:43 PM)Rover Wrote: Fun fact: "Yongnuo" (永诺) means "eternal promise" in Chinese. Make of that what you will. Smile

Fun fact II: "Loawa" (老哇)  apparently means raven? I also have seen it translated into old frog. Hmm..

You didn't read Laowa 9mmf2.8 zero D review ???? 
https://www.opticallimits.com/fuji_x/1037-laowa9f28

""Laowa" - what does that actually mean? Any guesses? In Chinese, it means "(Old) Frog". Why is that? The owner of Laowa (who is also one of the designers) likes the fantasy of a frog looking into the blue sky as his dreamland. Hard to understand from a western perspective but then why not? It may also give you a hint where the name of the Laowa's lens coating - FEC or Frog Eye Coating - is coming from." Cool Cool