Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample gallery: Viltrox AF 33mm f/1.4 XF
(05-18-2020, 11:10 PM)Klaus Wrote: The Viltroxes are not as good as the native Fujis ... but neither are they as expensive.

Fuji 35mm f/1.4 vs Viltrox 33mm f/1.4: $600 vs $280

Fuji 23mm f/1.4 vs Viltrox 23mm f/1.3: $900 vs $330

Of course, it's not so simple but it tells a story.

My statement that the JP manufacturers should get nervous is more about the maturity of the Viltrox offerings. These aren't comparable yet but these aren't the same cheap Chinese lenses anymore than we were mocking about a couple of years ago.

That's good news for us, competition will drive prices down and the Chinese products getting better might even become serious competitors in quality side if they go the Sigma way
Still not impressed by the 33/1.4 samples. I'm keeping the XF35/1.4, that's it.

Also - my enthusiasm regarding Viltrox is starting to cool-off. Several reasons:

* They rushed to update the 85/1.8, so I feel a little screwed having acquired this lens recently
* AF on both the 85/1.8 and Viltrox EF-FX1 adapter is far from great. I have bough also the Fringer counterpart, which is faster and generally works better.
* Viltrox's site is bad - no certificate in 2020 means zero security downloading firmware and stuff from there, if you manage to open it at all!

But at this price, the lens will sell, so I doubt they would care about my opinion anyway.