Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viltrox 33/1.4 for APS-C (and also Fujifilm
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3269314211...-cine-lens

Hmm, AF on Fujifilm from 3rd party is not that often seen...
They say that Fujifilm opened up their lens communication protocol to 3rd party manufacturers (finally!). Let's hope it's true.
That could explain the release of these new AF lenses along the Tokina versions.
Hopefully this will lead to other future designs with AF from other lens makers :-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
(04-15-2020, 12:53 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: They say that Fujifilm opened up their lens communication protocol to 3rd party manufacturers (finally!). Let's hope it's true.
That could explain the release of these new AF lenses along the Tokina versions.
Hopefully this will lead to other future designs with AF from other lens makers :-)

If Sigma adapts it's 16/1.4 to Fuji, I'd be tempted... but I say the same about the X-T4 (because of the tilt-swivel screen (finally!)) and regarding it's price-tag, I don't think it will happen to soon.
Crazy low price tag ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
If the AF is any good... Then we have 3 options for Canon EOS M: Canon's own and rather good EF-M 32mm f1.4 STM, Sigma's 30mm f1.4 DN and now this 33mm f1.4 Viltrox.
At this focal length, AF is more of a liability than an asset. I get so many mis-focused images because I forgot I left my 14/2.8 in MF mode. For 16/1.4 I would not care much if the AF is fast, as long as it is accurate to use on people. Even then - it's not a deal-breaker.