Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the DR figure junkies, 5D mk IV DR extension
https://www.fastrawviewer.com/DPRSplit

Nikon DR heads employ another technique..............

they call it a shutter button.....

.......apparently it's just a case of pressing it!   Big Grin 

excuse my humour BC   Tongue

Dave's clichés
Dunno why all that noise on minimal differences in dynamic range, does 13 vs 15 f stop really make a difference ?

Until recently film dynamic range exceeded that of digital sensors yet everyone went digital.

and this DR issue is only on basic ISO

Nikon D5 has less dynamic range than D810 does this make D810 a better camera ?

For the DR figure junkies, buy not-a-Canon

Fixed it for you.

Also 2 stops is a lot toni, it can make quite a difference when you need it.

Quote:Dunno why all that noise on minimal differences in dynamic range, does 13 vs 15 f stop really make a difference ?

Until recently film dynamic range exceeded that of digital sensors yet everyone went digital.

and this DR issue is only on basic ISO

Nikon D5 has less dynamic range than D810 does this make D810 a better camera ?
I find high DR in RAW not an important thing, personally. But calling 2 stops of light "minimal difference" is a bit odd. Yeah, I don't care if a camera has more DR in its RAW. Yeah, 2 stops is not minimal a difference either.

And saying film dymanic range exceeded that of digital sensors... That is plain nonsense.
He said film had more dynamic range in the past yet everyone went digital. That is kinda true, film had a resolution and dynamic range advantage back in the earliest days of digital. 

Quote:He said film had more dynamic range in the past yet everyone went digital. That is kinda true, film had a resolution and dynamic range advantage back in the earliest days of digital. 
He said until recently, actually.

And no, film did not. Colour slide film, a DR of 5-6 stops. Colour negative film a DR of 7-9 stops. 

Often, the exposure latitude gets confused with dynamic range, which explains the oddly wrong high quotes of film DR.

I think he was talking of film in general (and meant color film, probably ). Depending on development, film size and some kinds of pre-treatment, B/W film could easily take more than 11 stops.

I must say I'm quite happy with DR, massive DR when it comes to UWA, every 1/3 stop counts.

The lighter side of DR is a better approach to the subject.......

....... where the 5D MKIV does pretty well actually.......

Toni maybe used the word "recently" with the universal sense of time.......

"recently" on the planet Earth apes evolved into the homo erectus......

You know that sort of recently!

Dave's clichés