Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You absolutely have to test one of these! And I mean it!!
Just looks at that lens, it be awesome:

https://www.dpreview.com/news/4175576597...a-body-cap
Big Grin
Big Grin 
Impressive aperture for the thickness of the lens!

The bokeh has "character" to say the least Sick
--Florent

Flickr gallery
The corners look very soft even on the smallish sample images ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I think that is a DOF issue? Images with something in focus in a corner look okish?

Anyway, quite a pointless lens for an expensive Leica M...
As in, it only costs $1200, and true Leica people never buy something that cheap? Smile
45 grams of 18 carat gold that's 1.800$ 30% more expensive than 45 grams Aporia of lens so you actually are close to Leica prices....
(06-13-2020, 06:57 AM)Rover Wrote: As in, it only costs $1200, and true Leica people never buy something that cheap? Smile

As in, you don't buy an Expensive Leica to put a silly noname lens on it, but to put a Leica lens on it (or another lens that has special optical properties).
That seems to be a widespread attitude among "true" Leica people, yes. On the other hand, there is a lot of interesting and quite affordable glass available with M-mount, and if you want to use it on a digital rangefinder camera, there aren't that many choices...

MS has produced quite a few very thin lenses in the past (even though I remember the prices being quite a bit lower many years ago). Personally I can't imagine using something like this being much fun. I would probably have a hard time adjusting my muscle memory and would likely always grep the air in front of the lens when trying to focus.
Editor
opticallimits.com