Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of an era
The D3x finally found a new home today.

Feeling kind of sad, because it has served me well and reliably for almost 12 years.

On the other hand: no more sensor dust cleaning Wink Well, ok, now and then, still, but certainly not as often as in the last 12 years...
Editor
opticallimits.com

Wow, 12 years. My 70-200/2.8 has been serving for this long, and it's been through a lot.

Whither from here? D850 or straight to Z? Smile
Yep, same here. The camera has been to a lot of places and collected a few physical memory marks Wink

I occasionally grab the D850 for some shots, since it's in the house (or the lab) anyway. As is the Z7, but I haven't used it for anything else but (upcoming) reviews so far.

My main camera now is a D5.
Editor
opticallimits.com

(11-09-2020, 07:16 AM)mst Wrote: On the other hand: no more sensor dust cleaning [Image: wink.png] Well, ok, now and then, still, but certainly not as often as in the last 12 years...

I occasionally grab the D850 for some shots, since it's in the house (or the lab) anyway. As is the Z7, but I haven't used it for anything else but (upcoming) reviews so far.

My main camera now is a D5.

What's changed that your need for sensor cleaning has reduced ??
(11-09-2020, 12:47 PM)davidmanze Wrote:    What's changed that your need for sensor cleaning has reduced ??

The D3x was the last Nikon without built-in sensor cleaning.
Editor
opticallimits.com

(11-09-2020, 01:01 PM)mst Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 12:47 PM)davidmanze Wrote:    What's changed that your need for sensor cleaning has reduced ??

The D3x was the last Nikon without built-in sensor cleaning.

Oh right ..... !!