•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 USM L IS II review coming ...
Hi Reinier,

You're sure it wasn't tilt? Smile

From Roger Cicala, Lensrentals:

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2016/11...s-testing/

From my experience, if they'll allow it at the Canon repair centre, just take the lens there yourself and speak with the technician who actually calibrates your lens, so you can explain exactly what you are experiencing.

This is how I got perfectly aligned and perfectly focusing lenses, such as 50L, 85L, 24L and a bunch of others.

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
In the Netherlands we do not have a Canon repair center with Canon experts?

There still was one a few years ago, but it was linked with the German repair centre. I think it was near Weert somewhere, if I am not entirely mistaken. There should be another one as well, but I haven't needed their services for quite a few years now, and I didn't keep up with the changes, after the service center in Roosendaal went into bankruptcy.

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
As far as I know, from my experiences years ago, there is noCanon service center in the Netherlands, they outsource it to 2 companies who do all kinds of such service contracts. With in my experience less than optimal technical knowledge ans customer service.

Quote:Get a Sigma...

Big Grin

How things change. I remember the days of "SIGnificant MAlfunction". The brand still burned in my brain.
enjoy
CAme out of box, NON convincing...

So far, no malfunction since 2009 with Sigma, but that were only 8 lenses and 4 cameras.

If I am understanding this review correctly, the verdict is:  Get the 24-70mm F/4L instead!

Unless you want more reach, then get the 24-105mm f4 over the 24-70mm f4. 

Alternatively, get 24L II, 35LII, 50L, 85L II and 135L <GDR>.

Kind regards, Wim

Just grab the 24-105 A and be done with it.

Unless you're averse to 82mm filters - but lately there have been more and more lenses using those. In fact, I think the Sony A mount 24-70/2.8 is the only current one NOT using 82mm filters (even though you're not likely to own both a 24-70 and a 24-105 lens at the same time).

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next