Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 USM L IS II review coming ...
Quote:I guess your not sold on the new lens either!  I'd take any one of those over it.  Probably starting with the 85 Lii.

I am generally not a big fan of zoom lenses. And the 24-105L, although I had one, was ok-ish except in darker situations, where the rendering never pleased me at all. Somehow a lot less sharp to start with.

Since I have been a prime shooter from an early age - there wasn't anything else for a long time -, and I generally use zooms at their extremes, I went back to only primes again, and much happier that way. The only compromise is the 100-400L, but then, to get equivalent primes gets uncomfortable with the extra weight Smile.

With MFT it is simple, I am still experimenting, but I am gravitating more and more towards primes there as well - generally lighter and more compact Smile.

Regarding using Canon or other glass: non-Canon glass never satisfied me, I just love the way Canon L glass renders images, especially the primes. I am not a fanboy per se, I'll recommend anything to anybody depending on budget and preference.

I do have specific preferences myself, however, f.e., I do not like how Zeiss and Voigtländer lenses render at all, and I have tried very many of those. Just not my style.

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 USM L IS II review coming ... - by Reinier - 11-27-2016, 02:44 PM
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 USM L IS II review coming ... - by wim - 01-14-2017, 10:26 AM