Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR
Yeah, BC, churns my stomach to think of that. Big Grin As they said in a classic Soviet movie, "Yeah, so much animosity that I can't eat". Smile Anyway, I'm not looking to start and argument but I liked the results that I saw in Klaus's reviews of any half-decent APS-C (and certainly FF) lens used on an APS-C body where good results all over were very often possible right out of the gate, and 3-4 stops of vignetting were the (rare and much deplored) exception rather than the norm. No use comparing them to any other sensor size especially with Fuji where FF or any sensor size other than APS-C is non-existent, is there?

Oh and speaking of good long zooms starting at 16mm... this Fuji and the Sony E mount ZA lens are desultory enough, but there was a time when a good semi-fast 16-80 lens was around... the A-mount ZA 16-80/3.5-4.5. (sigh) I almost bought it once, but that was the time when I was switching away from the KonicaMinolta system I was using and on to Canon...

BTW I'm wondering if Nikon had any success with their 16-80/2.8-4, or it's as iffy as this Fuji as far as IQ is concerned.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next OL lens test report: Fujinon XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR - by Rover - 01-01-2021, 06:33 PM