https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-a1-...announced/
  • 50 MP at 30fps
  • 8k30p and 4k120p
  • New Bionz XR (8times faster)
  • Pixel Shift Multi Shooting (199MP)
  • 5.5 stops sensor stabilization
Sony want to show what they can do !!

...... and most of it is staggering !!

.... like the 240 Fps refresh rate with the 9.6 MD EVF .... and all the rest ......
Other features that caught my eye:

9,4m VF without blackout
240 Hz refresh rate
0,9 VF magnification
1/400s sync speed
1,5 times less rolling shutter.

Interesting to see how technology is developing. ;-)
But is the screen simply tilted, not fully articulated? I think I missed that bit.
Impressive specs!
Looking at the sample images at DPR, I can see the camera focusing on eye lashes instead of the iris (second and third pictures). Isn't it weird?
The fox and the eagle are spot on.
10 fps with shutter. Finally (hopefully) a Sony with good RAW format. Indeed, a tilting screen.
The king is dead, long live the king ... kinda expensive though.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Wink 
(01-26-2021, 10:08 PM)Klaus Wrote: The king is dead, long live the king ... kinda expensive though.

Sony are like GM and Ford - heavy discounts during major holidays.
Looking at it on camera size... Seems nothing has changed. Same bad haptics and same ergonomics, same size. Oddly enough, this Alpha 1 offers 10 FPS at 50mp, where the A7R mk IV offers 10 FPS at 61mp.
The devil is in the details apparently.... This A1 can shoot 165 JPGs or 155 RAW images in a single burst with full AF tracking, where for instance the Canon EOS R5 does 350 JPGs and 180 RAW files in a single burst (both numbers are silly high anyway, in my opinion, but it does put some perspective to its performance). Also it appears to have the same IBIS as the other A7/A9 cameras.
So its main claim to fame will be the improved read out speed of the imaging sensor, which promises less issues shooting fast action with electronic shutter. And finally a lossless compressed RAW format.
(01-27-2021, 08:13 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Looking at it on camera size... Seems nothing has changed. Same bad haptics and same ergonomics, same size. Oddly enough, this Alpha 1 offers 10 FPS at 50mp, where the A7R mk IV offers 10 FPS at 61mp.  
The devil is in the details apparently.... This A1 can shoot 165 JPGs or 155 RAW images in a single burst with full AF tracking, where for instance the Canon EOS R5 does 350 JPGs and 180 RAW files in a single burst (both numbers are silly high anyway, in my opinion, but it does put some perspective to its performance). Also it appears to have the same IBIS as the other A7/A9 cameras.
So its main claim to fame will be the improved read out speed of the imaging sensor, which promises less issues shooting fast action with electronic shutter. And finally a lossless compressed RAW format.

Sadly the body size stays the same ........... the key points are the frame rate in ES and the refresh rate (240 fps) with a 1.5X increase in sensor readout speed ...... ie. tracking fast objects will be closer to real time ......

......... giving an experience more akin to an OVF ........ yay!

......... Sony unfortunately are limited with that their mount which is small for a FF MLC ..... limiting the Ibis's ability for movement ...... hence they implement slight crop for their super stable movie modes (cropping out the dark corners) ...... maybe one day that mount will come back to haunt them?

All in all it's a massive upgrade in every department ..... ....

Some are complaining at the price ....... I think it's reasonable for a do it all camera that's not not likely to go out of date!