Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of the art
Just as a heads up - testing is ongoing.

Both Markus and I had to calibrate the MTFs - for the R5 and Z7/D850 - and that just takes quite a while.

I've now finalized the charts for 2 Canon RF lenses so these reviews will be up within the next week.

Markus, being a little religious, is still busy aligning the Z7/D850 parameters to achieve a match but eventually, he'll come to a conclusion here as well.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
[Flame]
Yup, I'm impatient to see a reputable site finally confirms that Nikkor Z 50/1.2 S is the better lens
[/Flame]
You just can't have too many lenses...
Well, unfortunately you will either have to find some more patience or a different reputable site, I'm afraid Wink

Seriously: the 50/1.2 is not on my list for now. I will try to get my hands on the 14-24/2.8 and 70-200/2.8 as soon as I can (and I'm afraid the 24-200 VR will have to be reviewed, too), 50/1.2 after those.
Editor
opticallimits.com

(04-02-2021, 06:06 PM)mst Wrote: Well, unfortunately you will either have to find some more patience or a different reputable site, I'm afraid Wink

Seriously: the 50/1.2 is not on my list for now. I will try to get my hands on the 14-24/2.8 and 70-200/2.8 as soon as I can (and I'm afraid the 24-200 VR will have to be reviewed, too), 50/1.2 after those.
 I've seen reviews of the above lenses ......... all of them are great performers ....... add the 24-70mm F2.8S to the list to have three of the best amigos out there at the moment ........ the super zoom does excellently well too ..... Nikon's got it together with their lenses and have payed attention to focus breathing (many models) ......

....... but of course we have to address the elephant in the room ...... Nikon's AF, EVF and refresh rate .... (sigh oh dear)
......  Nikon were very careful when publishing their updated feature set of the Z6 II and Z7 II  ....... to quietly limit the usual AF .... refresh rate and tracking numerical specifications ......  to a much simpler worded form ....... 

....... improved !! ....... 

.... what sort of improved nobody knows ?? ....... the refresh rate stayed the same  ..... and  little changed in the EVF 's resolution and high speed shooting mode, known as Nikon's .. slideshow mode !! ..... 
..... a quaint term with it's roots firmly set in the halcyon era of Kodachrome slide film ...... Nikon has clearly made huge strides since those analogue days of waiting all week to see the results of those processed slides ...... 

...... we are now treated to seeing the taken images ...... within minutes  ..... buffer willing ?? .....

....... Still that's progress I suppose ........... Smile

[i]   This party political broadcast was brought on to you behalf of the ..... DSLR party  
......... vote today ..... you know it makes sense !!

Did you like that one Marcus ??  ......... Smile