Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon RF 14-35mm f4 L (IS?) USM is the next RF lens to be announced.
https://twitter.com/nokishita_c/status/1...4627181578
And with a 77mm filter thread, it looks like ... That's awesome. I admit I didn't want to be interested in the RF system but this lens, if it turns out to be what it's rumored to be, piques my interest. If only they had an APS-H body to go with it. Big Grin
Well, there is that EOS C70 which has a sensor that has almost the width of APS-H... But you can't really use it as stills camera.

And who knows, maybe this RF 14-35mm f4 will be an uncorrected turd like the Nikkor Z 14-30mm f4 S ;-)
Canon produced an L class fisheye zoom but I reckon they can resist this time.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Along coming 16mmf2.8 and 70-400f5.6-7.1
I would have prefered a 70-300f4-5.6 over this one though, reach isn't that increased from 300 to 400m
As for the 16mmf2.8 since it's not L lens, I expect a pancake design, the question is it APS-C it full frame?
Full frame. 16mm does not make much sense as a 1st APS-C prime. Other cheaper primes are also not "L" designated (35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f2), nor pancakes... The wide FOV does not make for a "logical" pancake candidate either...
(06-21-2021, 09:01 AM)Klaus Wrote: Canon produced an L class fisheye zoom but I reckon they can resist this time.

Why would they? It was very popular amongst professional photographers, as far as I am aware.
It has been taken of the production list as well, so I expect Canon to come with a new version of it, or a fisheye prime.

(06-23-2021, 01:16 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Full frame. 16mm does not make much sense as a 1st APS-C prime. Other cheaper primes are also not "L" designated (35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f2), nor pancakes... The wide FOV does not make for a "logical" pancake candidate either...
Agreed!
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Yeah, it is not like photographers all of a sudden never want to have fisheye tools to their disposal, just because the mount has changed...
I meant that the 14-35mm f/4 is not a "fisheye" as in uncorrected like the Nikkor that was mentioned.

A product shot is out, BTW, and they say it has IS
https://twitter.com/nokishita_c/status/1...22/photo/1
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
The image is very low resolution, but to me it seems indeed that those "rough pixels" on the left are from an IS switch.