Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autumn colors posts
Quote:And here's my contribution, not my best, taken on the way back home from work, I prefered a freshly taken photo however

[Image: anthonyborn_0078_zpsfmxoctcr.jpg]

Nice one Toni. However, it's quite small. Can you post a larger version?

Quote:My choice would be 5 and it's now your fault inspiration the reason to pack a bag and go to Val de Travers  Big Grin

Thanks, Joju. Did you get a chance to go? Opportunities would be even better there!
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:God sends in every season a lot of pretty jewels to take photos of... but, really, nothing beats Spring and Fall.

So far I've regretted for having not taken enough advantage of Fall colours. This year, even though I had again some troubles that prevented me from organising a journey of three/four days (I have some good colours in mountains near home, but they are not exceptional), I've resorted to drive a lot and make some one-day trips to the Alps. Yesterday I explored an area near the Italy-France border, this time on my side of the border (Parco del Marguareis, southern side). It was really wonderful.

Very nice lighting in the 1st one and great colors in the 2nd shot. Just wish you had posted them in higher resolution.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:I wanted the empty space to give it a feel of being alone.

Thanks for the pic, Marco.

I also agree about cropping the bottom part of the image.

In terms of processing, I think I'd like it more if it had a more natural tone as it looks too much "HDR like" for me. However, this is very subjective ;-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:I went to Italy (Lucca, in Tuscany) last week in a business trip.  Only camera I brought was on my phone and there were no Northern fall colours, but here are some nice colours from the trip:

https://goo.gl/photos/1yUtFjNAgKDGmUH17

https://goo.gl/photos/pKMmtYP5ePnomRig6

https://goo.gl/photos/a3CueL9yt4MBXxvb7

https://goo.gl/photos/9XY78RwtdovXJUAo8

https://goo.gl/photos/trZzE9EhjhdVJmF87

Some nice ones in there, Dave. If you hadn't mentioned it, it would be hard to guess they came from a phone ;-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:thxbb12, They are nice images from a very nice place. I also like the 1st image, and wonder what is going on in that image with the "wall" in the water down the middle.

Thanks, Brightcolours.

The "wall" in image 4 is indeed very peculiar. What you actually see is the merging of 2 rivers: the Rhône on the left and the Arve on the right. The wall is actually underwater. I'm not sure what's its purpose but it somewhat prevents the river from mixing up too much in this area. A couple of hundred meters after this "junction" both rivers are completely mixed.

The Rhône's water is very clear and much prettier color-wise. The Arve is very muddy and grey (hasn't been filtered much by the time it hits Geneva). On the photo, in the "cloudy triangular shape" right to the wall, you can see part of the Rhône water mixing up with the Arve water.

This merging of these 2 rivers is quite unique and I'm not sure it's something very common at this scale, especially when both rivers have such different types of water.

One thing is sure: it makes for some nice photo opportunities :-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:Something different: An old Volvo which itself has an autumn colour covered in autumn leafs. Nikkor 55mm f1.2.

[Image: 7BEC44B89EF2418ABB31B284B19BA9B7.jpg]

Very nice shot BC (although the bokeh seems a bit harsh). Very original.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:Wow, thanks for these, Florent. My vote for 5 and 9.

Allow me to ask: judging from the mountains in the background I browsed Google Maps and assume this is the 'Viaduc de la Jonction'? Is it still worth going there next week or are the colours already gone?

-- Markus

Thanks, Markus.

Woow, very good inference job! Are you a detective or private investigator in your daily life? ;-)

Here is a map of the area:

[Image: 30703470561_c607013de4_o.jpg]

• Photos 1, 2, 3 were shot from "Pont butin" bridge where I draw the purple cross.
  • Photos 4, 5 were shot from "Viaduc de la jonction" bridge where I draw the red cross.
  • The other photos were taken along the red path I draw along the river.
I'm afraid it won't look as beautiful. Since I took these pictures it rained and there was quite a bit of wind which are both lethal for autumn shots :-(

As of now, there are still some leaves but the trees are not that full anymore.

I still think it's worth going if the weather is gonna be good. Even if there are few leaves left, the scenery will still be pretty. The water is usually very clear.

I'll send you a PM about a potential meet up date to show you around the area :-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:Hmm, ok, just saw the weather forecast for next week, that answers my question already Wink

-- Markus

The weather forecast is never reliable here. Conditions can change fast, so don't trust it. Anything more than 3 days in advance can be discarded ;-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:Nice one Toni. However, it's quite small. Can you post a larger version?

Thanks, Joju. Did you get a chance to go? Opportunities would be even better there!

No, only to the Gorges de Twannbach, nice but nothing spectacular as the colours in your pictures. However, it was a nice walk and to my surprise I took the fat Nikon with me. Actually, I have a bag problem. Not too few, but no one fitting for the X-T2. My bags have no problem with the big DSLR stuff (my back has a different opinion, though) but it's not easy to find a good "smaller, but not, too small" version.
Quote:No, only to the Gorges de Twannbach, nice but nothing spectacular as the colours in your pictures. However, it was a nice walk and to my surprise I took the fat Nikon with me. Actually, I have a bag problem. Not too few, but no one fitting for the X-T2. My bags have no problem with the big DSLR stuff (my back has a different opinion, though) but it's not easy to find a good "smaller, but not, too small" version.

As far as bags go, I tried several but was never very happy until I bought one from Kata, the Kata DR-467: http://www.wexphotographic.com/?/hbrown/...eview.html

It's nice because I can put in it:
  • All of my Fuji gear in it (1 body + lens and 4 additional lenses)
  • A laptop
  • A sweater or other items in the large pocket.
It's not a photo-only type of bag so there is still room for quite a few things inside. Very nice. Plus, it's got a rain cover.

Unfortunately, I think it's not manufactured anymore. It looks like Kata was bought off by Manfrotto.
--Florent

Flickr gallery