Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the midst of falling interest of DSLRs and posts.........
(01-20-2022, 03:01 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: Well our brain doesn't see all images either (there is a finite limit ).
It's just that after a certain threshold, we just don't see the difference.

Well, we know that the Z9 is proving itself to be a great ML sports camera especially at it's price point ....... it has a bright EVF, no black out and there doesn't seem to be issues with the consistency of viewing flow ....... the super fast readout of the sensor keeps rolling shutter down to the point where it beats the competition ...... keeping any slanting vertical backgrounds when panning to the point where it's almost a non issue (great)
  However, it's relatively early days in the world of EVFs and no doubt in future developments, the emphasis will be on faster refresh rates as well as higher resolution EVFs enabled by faster processing ......... without the chopping and juggling between AF detection, no black out, the exposure of the image and consistant EVF resolution in order to accommodate an almost real time experience.

Sony has a 10 million dot EVF sensor, 30 Fps and 240 Hz refresh rate ...... it just doesn't have the processing power/speed be able to use these components without throttling back and compromising them ......... but it no doubt it will have in a few years!

So, I will sit back and watch what happens in the future to see which manufacturer actually achieves that and watch what the others do to match it .......

In the meantime my D500s/ 600mm F4E + TC  will do me fine !!

Messages In This Thread
RE: In the midst of falling interest of DSLRs and posts......... - by davidmanze - 01-20-2022, 06:51 PM