Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the midst of falling interest of DSLRs and posts.........
(01-22-2022, 06:13 AM)toni-a Wrote: Folks high refresh rate monitors and 3D monitors are mostly oriented for gamers not for TV viewing .
I just learnt this from my 14 year old nephew yesterday...  he wanted and updated screen because he is participating in a fortnite contest...
After talking with him, I felt like an old man who is lagging behind in technology...

Funnily enough I was looking at utube to see what computers are out there for how much money recently ....... they all seem to be aimed at gamers, the top ones are for playing games in 4K with water-cooled graphics cards .......... and processors with fins and propellers that would do a Prat and Whitney 16 cylinder radial engine proud !! ....... Smile
  the utube reviews show the frame rate on the screen side ....... often above 175 Hz

copied and pasted:

You could easily get 240 FPS with a GeForce GTX 1070

Gamers know what they are talking about when it comes to refresh rates ........ many are first person sniper style wargames ....... at 60 Hz your a dead man!

Toni wrote:
"After talking with him, I felt like an old man who is lagging behind in technology..."

Your not alone Toni you have BC by your side ........ Smile

Sorry BC I just couldn't resist that one ....... ha ha !!

Messages In This Thread
RE: In the midst of falling interest of DSLRs and posts......... - by davidmanze - 01-22-2022, 09:05 AM