Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well guess what? ....... Nikon Z9 FW version 2.0 YAY !!
Hi guys,
               Nikon will release a new FW version 2.0 (20/4/2022) ....... which brings a slew of improvements to the Z9 camera including ... (small drum role) ......wait for it .....

Da da !! .... .... an EVF rate of 120 ips ....... YAY  and Yee ha !!  

I made no secret here of how I felt the low EVF refresh rate of 60 ips was not exactly "top banana" for a flagship ML pro body ...... and indeed my good buddy and I .. (cuckoo BC Smile ) ....... had a little back and forth about it ........  in the nicest possible way of course ....... Smile 
  Frankly, I thought it might have been beyond the EVF chips capabilities, but evidently not .... which is good news ....... unfortunately the EVF resolution of 3.6 Mp remains as is.
  The list of other improvements is however, practically endless, with new AF boxes of all dimensions, video frame rates down-scaled from 6K @ 120 fps plus many more ....... before and after the fact stills image recording ...... and a slew of other bits and bobs.

Anyone who cares to take the time to read Nikon's announcement can find it here:

https://nikonrumors.com/2022/04/14/new-n...nced.aspx/

Nikon listened to me ...... I mean, how sweet is that ? ..... Smile
A sports camera should offer 120 fps indeed.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Alright, it's official now... I'm already obsessing about Z9 the way I used to for the Canon 1D Mark IV (that I have now and have been using for the last 8.5 years precisely, not that I'm in any way disgruntled about it - I enjoy using it very much even all that time later).

With the new EF->Z adapter launched (now from Meike), I guess I'll be able to mount my EF 24-85/3.5-4.5 on the Z9... eventually. Big Grin

They say that men's toys are different from the children's ones only in price. In case of the Z9, very noticeably so, although I can say I've already socked away about 1/5 of its list price in the last couple of months. Smile
(09-24-2022, 05:17 AM)Rover Wrote: Alright, it's official now... I'm already obsessing about Z9 the way I used to for the Canon 1D Mark IV (that I have now and have been using for the last 8.5 years precisely, not that I'm in any way disgruntled about it - I enjoy using it very much even all that time later).

With the new EF->Z adapter launched (now from Meike), I guess I'll be able to mount my EF 24-85/3.5-4.5 on the Z9... eventually. Big Grin

They say that men's toys are different from the children's ones only in price. In case of the Z9, very noticeably so, although I can say I've already socked away about 1/5 of its list price in the last couple of months. Smile

Just beware, any adapter would make any lens slower to focus, using adapted lenses on Z9 doesn't make sense
Not sure adapting the EF 24-85/3.5-4.5 to the Z9 makes any sense.
If it were a unique or speciality lens, maybe, or a very expensive one.
It would make much more sense to just buy the new Z 24-120 f4 which seems very good and with better range and aperture.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Of course it's a joke, as the 24-85 is the lowest end lens I have now. And surely, buying a whole new kit would make a lot of sense... except that I don't expect to do it very quickly even if I do get a Z9 one day. Not all people earn enough for such a feat... Smile
Eheh, I guess I'm becoming too serious these day! ;-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
That said, if I end up getting a Nikon ML camera and the EF adapter, I'd totally try all of my EF lenses on it, if only for the laughs.
(09-24-2022, 01:15 PM)Rover Wrote: Not all people earn enough for such a feat... Smile

Come here to Qatar.... you earn a lot, but you are working all the time, you can afford any gear, but you know you won't have time to use it...
I don't think they'd need me, and it's a tiny country anyway. Smile