Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testins IBIS
(06-08-2022, 06:37 PM)stoppingdown Wrote: Re your PS: yes, I agree, it's the rough estimate I'm doing too. I'll redo the test with slower shutters, in order to see where it's still possible to get a sharp shot without tripod.

“It obviously varies from person to person, some people are more stable / don't move as much as others, obviously.”

And unfortunately I'm noting I'm slightly getting more and more shaky...

Or is it “shakier and shakier”?

As long as you stay awaynfrom coffee you will be fine
Does life even exist without coffee? This is beyond my imagination really.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(06-08-2022, 11:56 PM)Klaus Wrote: Does life even exist without coffee? This is beyond my imagination really.

FWIW I was the tutor at Lebanese University for nursing student who had their thesis on caffeine, we made a study on 300 cases, it will be published this summer.

It's well known coffee increases tremor it can even induce it, on the other hand, some  heart medications called beta blockers do just the opposite, they were even used as doping agents by olympic shooters 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...opranolol/

Now should beta blockers be banned for guys participating in sports events ?? it's a tough discussion, because they are essential sometimes life saving drugs for conditions like heart vessels or heart valves disease, and sometimes they are the only treatment that works preventing very severe headache crisis called  migraine.

It will be not fair to ban persons taking beta blockers for medical reasons from sports especially they don't increase your performance is swimming and running.

On the other hands for shooters they give some advantages with less shaky hands....

And yes Olympic shooters don't drink coffee Big Grin
So Olympic shooters are basically zombies ... ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Smile 
(06-09-2022, 08:50 AM)Klaus Wrote: So Olympic shooters are basically zombies ... ;-)

Not sure what's better though [Image: biggrin.png]

[Image: Give-me-COFFEE.jpg]
--Florent

Flickr gallery
I take my info  about image stabilisation and coffe  from my reliable source : opticallimits reviews

https://forum.opticallimits.com/showthre...290&page=2

The built-in image stabilizer is good enough for 5 f-stops - and up to 8 f-stops when combined with in-camera IS. This is certainly appreciated when shooting macro because things can get pretty shaky at very close focus distances. Whether it's truly a 5/8 f-stop gain depends on your degree of coffee intake. 
BTW, I don't drink coffee. Yes, it's quite unusual for an Italian.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
(06-09-2022, 11:45 AM)stoppingdown Wrote: BTW, I don't drink coffee. Yes, it's quite unusual for an Italian.
Smile

Very unusual indeed. I started drinking coffee around my 4th, maybe my 3rd already, although I can't remember drinking coffee at that age, but I do when I was 4 - my grandma used to make a great latte, which was considered acceptable for kids.  And I spent about a year in Italy, totally spoiling me for coffee, plus, my daughter was a barista at the time I used to work in the town where she lived and worked back then ....

Regardless, I am very steady when it comes to photography, or the few times I did shoot (pellets actually, target practice type of thing). I tend to be able to shoot at shutter speeds 1 or 2 stops slower than most other people, and get equally sharp shots. And that is with or without coffee Smile.
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....