Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTArtisan APS-C 35mm f/0.95
I've lost the count of 35mm f≤1.4 lenses...

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/just-ann...mm-f-0-95/
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Used to get excited about such items, they are good and deliver some good results, however regardless of image quality, they are not practical and you get bored rather quickly.
Buyer will enjoy it a bit for the first week or two, then it will start collecting dust, or worst weighing inside you camera bag without being used or you use it for a shot or two to avoid feeling awkward after carrying it pointlessly.
Guess it would've been a nightmare to review all of these lenses that are churned out in dozens by the new crop of the manufacturers...
(11-27-2022, 08:59 AM)Rover Wrote: Guess it would've been a nightmare to review all of these lenses that are churned out in dozens by the new crop of the manufacturers...

Most are clones or the same lens wuth a different name....it would be interesting which lenses are identical (no need to test here

Myself I own roikinion 8mmf3.5 fisheye canon EF mount and samyang 8mm f3.5 fisheye Sony mount and it's exactly the same lens, Sony version is longer: adapter built in
Yes, Rokinon is just an alias for Samyang.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
The problem with these extremely fast & cheap lenses is - they produce pictures, yes, but at max aperture, they are extremely soft.
Ok for video, less so for photography.

And yes, it's strange that the Chinese players are producing so many APS-C lenses. Maybe, APS-C is still king in China?
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I guess it's still the king in the value segment these lenses are aimed at. Those who have money for full-frame cameras usually have the funds to buy decent lenses as well, unless they deliberately go for the trashy/vintage/"character" look. And even there, there are different price options. :-)