Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capture One and Applescript
Given that, for now, all my plans for the Christmas vacations have been jeopardised, because I have to take care of a few relatives with some typical season diseases, I'd like to work on some software to ease and automate parts of my Capture One workflow that at the moment require lots of manual intervention - I'm mainly talking of the catalog features, stuff such replicating Lightroom collections into Capture One, exporting collections in the format suitable for my website, etc...

Now, both applications rely upon a SQLite database, and I can manipulate them, being the tables that I need easy enough to understand. But I know that C1 has got an Applescript interface, and if it offered the thing I need it would be a much better approach. The problem is that I seem to be unable to find a good set of examples to start from. I can drag-n-drop the C1 icon onto the Mac OS Utitlies / Script app and sure I can access the reference documentation, but there are no examples. I find here and there a few examples by some bloggers, but they are scarce and don't cover all the functional areas.

Any suggestion?

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Ask at C1 support.

I'm not familiar with scripting. Sometimes I thought the C1 guys are also not familiar with digital asset management, as their approaches more often fall short than are a good experience. But that's mainly because here I feel more at home with Aperture.

Next week I'll have a TeamViewer session with a supporter. If I don't forget I could ask her, but I guess you like to work on it now, not next week?