Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VINTAGE lens test: Olympus Zuiko 135mm f/2.8
https://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaf...mpus135f28

So this concludes our mini-series in the 100mm-ish class for now.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(02-07-2023, 09:02 PM)Klaus Wrote: https://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaf...mpus135f28

So this concludes our mini-series in the 100mm-ish class for now.

Another good lens completing a thoroughly enjoyable and educational series of elderly medium tele reviews .... if ever I come across the Nikkor at a flea market I'll pick it up ...... Smile

Good stuff !!
The distinctive qualities they possess, including the Zuiko range, are a major factor in the comeback in popularity of vintage lenses among both film shooters and those converting them to digital. 1v1 lol
The "problem" that I see with the Olympus Zuikos is that they may be "too modern".
They don't have any vintage flair it seems.
You COULD raise the question of what's the point compared to today's lenses.

Conversely, the Pentax 105mm and Rokkor 100mm DO have a distinctive character.

Read: they are soft. Smile
I can see the point as getting a cheap but hopefully good lens, and also maybe challenging oneself by going full native, I mean, manual. In that case I would've gone for the Nikon, maybe the Olympus, but not the other two.
(02-11-2023, 07:02 AM)Rover Wrote: Read: they are soft. Smile
I can see the point as getting a cheap but hopefully good lens, and also maybe challenging oneself by going full native, I mean, manual. In that case I would've gone for the Nikon, maybe the Olympus, but not the other two.

Exactly the full benefits come from using them on their native mounts ....... adding an adapter is really a hindrance .... so long live the (D)SLR ??

EDIT:
I was looking to find these last SLR lens reviews in the index a couple of days ago ...... I looked just now to find the new category.

"Vintage lens tests"..... it would be worth keeping an eye on how many visits they attract .....
> "Vintage lens tests"..... it would be worth keeping an eye on how many visits they attract .....

About 5000 each so far

(02-11-2023, 09:19 AM)Klaus Wrote: > "Vintage lens tests"..... it would be worth keeping an eye on how many visits they attract .....

About 5000 each so far

Well I've posted a link to the Nikkor in DP review's Nikon F mount lSLR lenses !!

30,000 views ..... hey !!