Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M.Zuiko ED 90mm F3.5 Macro IS PRO announced
Its nice to see that OM-D is expanding its range of macro gear, which already was one of the great features of the original OM system.
I think that's the market price and all in all inconspicuous at the current prices for newly introduced lenses.
Since Nikon seems to have discontinued its 70-180 Micro Nikkor, the last comparable lens is/was Canon’s EF 180/3.5 Macro, which can still be found at Canon Europe’s web shop for 1469 Euro (but is missing at Canon USA’s). The Canon lens does only 1x magnification, does not have IS (or does its absence count as bonus?), is maybe not waterproof at the IP53 level, and is EF after all.
When I bought my FD 200/4 Macro second hand for afair 1200 D-Mark in 1986 (just in time to learn the following year that Canon abandoned its crappy 'new FD' lens mount for EF…) the lens cost new around 1600 D-Mark.
(Reminds me, that after only five years with an OM-D, I should finally get an FD-OM adapter for this lens. Especially now that vintage lens tests are all the rage :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: M.Zuiko ED 90mm F3.5 Macro IS PRO announced - by Kodachrome 25 - 02-08-2023, 10:13 AM