Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New main portal launched
The new main portal looks fine. Great job!
Something went wrong with Pana 20f/1.7II review. The bokeh and verdict is from the the Oly 20-40f/2.8 review.
Another detail - Sony E APS-C, Sigma 56f/1.4 review: Specifications, weight 380g. Should be 280g.
(01-14-2024, 08:26 AM)Klaus Wrote: If you happen to go to the opticallimits.com main portal, you will notice that things have changed a little.

Please note that this is still a work in progress - including some bugs - but I wanted to get over this now. This has been hovering for way too long (years). I never found the time to sort-of finalize the new portal due to the need for ongoing reviews.

I will fix issues along the way. Please be patient. :-)

Some legacy content, namely the DSLR stuff, will remain on photozone.de, but I've removed the 1st gen reviews except for those that are of "historical" significance.  Sorry, but sometimes we have to let things go.

I understand the new site is still in the making, but I miss the "Overview" page that that the old site has. The new page with the picture links for each lens feels bloated and in disarray. Those lens pictures take a lot of screen real-estate, and the links aren't in alphabetical or numerical order, making scrolling and searching all but a necessity.
Some kind of "List" will come during February. Ideally, I'd like to have the ratings next to the titles - but this will require some research.

I understand that the graphics are a bit "in your face" in web browsers - but these work better for mobiles.

I will activate some caching at some point - which should help with the load time. I didn't want to activate all bells & whistles at once.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Okay, do you mind if I report two more little issues?
1. I'm still getting the plaque with the spinning progress thing on mobile; maybe some module is taking forever to load and so the system thinks the page hasn't loaded completely.
2. Google Chrome identifies the main page language as German and suggests to translate it into English every time.