Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it about time I upgrade my camera body ?
EOSRP has been a very good experience for me, however it has its Achill's heal: lifting shadows when RAW processing......
Although most of the time I don't need to do it, however sometimes, it's a show stopper.
I was considering nothing but the old EOS R.... however other options are also appealing like R6 or even R7.... what would you suggest ?
Heh... You know what I would say. Big Grin
Anyway, the R6 looks decent enough (but it's already on a second version). R7 has a weird control layout if you ask me.
(03-02-2024, 06:39 AM)Rover Wrote: Heh... You know what I would say. Big Grin
Anyway, the R6 looks decent enough (but it's already on a second version). R7 has a weird control layout if you ask me.

Well the R8 seems also a good option, my most used lenses are all stabilized already... and no I am not jumping ships, never liked Sony and Nikon interface
From what I know about it, R8 looks like another exercise in the use of cripple hammer. It has some things right but some, well, not so much (like IBIS, or the lack thereof).

Frankly, I would rather buy the best item I could rather than zerg the desk with lots of questionable gear that I would struggle to sell later...
My question is, is a new camera really going to give you the results you want? Reviews may show in improvement. However, is this going to translate to a practical difference that you'll really notice in your photos?