Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lenses not yet tested by Photozone?
Quote:there are plenty of old lenses still widely available on the used market not tested like Canon 24-85 or Canon 28-80 that have excellent reputation
Most 28-80mm's are very, very bad. I think the very first one has the best reputation. It is very old.
Quote:Most 28-80mm's are very, very bad. I think the very first one has the best reputation. It is very old.
Never tried one, but I Read it was a very good Lens, however I think Klaus has only time for new lenses.

I am not buying one nor interested in it anyway.
Quote:Most 28-80mm's are very, very bad. I think the very first one has the best reputation. It is very old.
Are you speaking of the 28-80/2.8-4 L Smile That one, the shorter brother of the Magic Drain Pipe. Tongue

But yes, most of the film kit zooms (28-80, 28-90, 28-105...) would make April 1st joke review fodder at best. Not the 24-85/3.5-4.5 though - I had one for over 4 years and quite liked it; I wasn't shooting it wide open a lot but in the middle range (circa 50mm) it was exquisitely sharp even at the maximum aperture.

Great to hear E-mount is a priority, with the A6500 sounding like a killer camera. Amazon best sellers and DXOMark rankings are good places to check for filling in gaps in testing. The Sony E-mount 18-105/4 is the #1 best-selling mirrorless lens on Amazon and is currently the go-to power zoom. And the Sigma 30/1.4 is the top-ranked E-mount lens on DXOMark. It would be amazing to also see the new pricey Sony 18-110mm/4 cine lens someday... Smile Thanks Klaus (& Markus) for all the hard work! Best of luck!

well the lenses I would like to see are Sigma 50-100f1.8 ART, sigma 18-35 f1.8 ART (but we need a video test here for its AF) Sigma 85mm f1.4 ART (once available)

Quote:well the lenses I would like to see are Sigma 50-100f1.8 ART, sigma 18-35 f1.8 ART (but we need a video test here for its AF) Sigma 85mm f1.4 ART (once available)
There has been a test of the 18-35/1.8 in the Canon mount.

http://www.opticallimits.com/canon-eos/8...5f18_canon

Quote:well the lenses I would like to see are Sigma 50-100f1.8 ART, sigma 18-35 f1.8 ART (but we need a video test here for its AF) Sigma 85mm f1.4 ART (once available)

Video and AF ?

USM, HSM, USD ... these are all AF systems that are unsuitable for video. There is nothing to test there.

Pros don't use AF at all in the first place which is why dedicated video lenses have these huge bodies to accomodate the focus gears for smooth manual focusing.