Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
leak: Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 USM L IS
https://photorumors.com/2023/04/17/first...-usm-lens/

• Price: $9499
*cough*

And no, I won't purchase this one for testing ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Come on Canon 650$ for a lens hood !!!!!
(04-18-2023, 08:59 AM)toni-a Wrote: Come on Canon 650$ for a lens hood !!!!!

........ no lens-hood or lens cap included ....... 

........ some manufacturers take you for a fool ...... 

....... with my experiences with Canon printers ....... their recent banning of third party lenses ...... 

Canon you get my .....  "droigt d'honneur"

It's french look it up ...... Smile
Well, that's what a monopoly does to you once they've got you by the balls. ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(04-18-2023, 09:58 AM)davidmanze Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 08:59 AM)toni-a Wrote: Come on Canon 650$ for a lens hood !!!!!

........ no lens-hood or lens cap included ....... 

........ some manufacturers take you for a fool ...... 

....... with my experiences with Canon printers ....... their recent banning of third party lenses ...... 

Canon you get my .....  "droigt d'honneur"

It's french look it up ...... Smile

With L lenses always  a hood and carrying pouch along with obviously caps are always included, which makes me think it's likely fake news
(04-18-2023, 10:33 AM)Klaus Wrote: Well, that's what a monopoly does to you once they've got you by the balls. ;-)

That's the spirit Klaus ........ fighting stuff ...... shades of apple ..
That cap and hood are priced individually, does not mean the lens comes without. It does not say anywhere the lens comes without hood and/pr cap.

You could always buy Canon lens hoods and caps for the big lenses separately if so required, at a cost.
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
I just hope they haven't broken their tenet of providing hoods with L lenses after all these years. That'd be mean of them.
(04-18-2023, 01:29 PM)wim Wrote: That cap and hood are priced individually, does not mean the lens comes without. It does not say anywhere the lens comes without hood and/pr cap.

You could always buy Canon lens hoods and caps for the big lenses separately if so required, at a cost.

Well we will have to wait and see ... however, I have never before seen a manufacturer quote prices in this fashion .... poorly worded ?
(04-18-2023, 11:19 PM)davidmanze Wrote: Well we will have to wait and see ... however, I have never before seen a manufacturer quote prices in this fashion .... poorly worded ?

The wording comes from a rumor site, not the manufacturer. For the high-end lenses, both from Canon and Nikon, the lenses always came with hoods, caps, straps and all the other accessories, but hoods also always have been available as spare parts (which makes sense, since these lenses often see some heavy duty use in sports arenas or conflict areas).

The Nikon AF-S 120-300/2.8 is currently listed for $9496 at B&H, so the rumored price for the Canon is in line with the competition (still way too high, IMO) and a replacement hood (HK-41) for the Nikkor currently costs $579 at B&H. Those carbon fiber hoods always have been quite expensive.
Editor
opticallimits.com