Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon APS-C lens offering makes you get confused...
The least one could say that in APS-C land Canon users have all the choices.

I own several lenses in and I am positively impressed.

the kit 18-55 STM is already decent

17-55 f2.8 is IMHO an amazing lens, till now I can't find a combo that beats 7D plus 17-55 in the medium range.

15-85 seems a very decent performer on paper at least, testing it tomorrow

18-135: have used this lens and was very pleased with the results.

and now I have three lenses: 18-55, 17-55 and 15-85 and it's hard to let one go....

Hoarder!  ^_^

<p style="font-family:'Open Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">It was after many years of costly psychiatric treatment, my analyst concluded it was my lens buying addiction that was the root cause of all my mental and financial stresses which had driven me to the pitiful state of mind I found myself in.........

<p style="font-family:'Open Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">..........  so it was with a tremendous amount of anguish, and reflecting that it would only be foolish to ignore his expensive professional expertise......

<p style="font-family:'Open Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"> 

<p style="font-family:'Open Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">          ....that I found a far cheaper psychiatrist and bought a load more!

One simply can't have enough kit lenses.  Big Grin

Quote:One simply can't have enough kit lenses. Big Grin
Or wide-angles, as it is in my case. Tongue
Come on, wide-angles are necessary! ^_^ Kit-lenses? Huh

I've a bigger variety in wides than in "longer than 85 mm".

Quote:Come on, wide-angles are necessary! ^_^ Kit-lenses? Huh

on 4x5 large format 85mm is in UWA territory Wink (22mm FF equivalent).
Quote:Come on, wide-angles are necessary! ^_^ Kit-lenses? Huh

If money had been no object, I would've added a fisheye and a rectilinear mega-wide (like the Sigma 8-16) to my 16-35 and 24/1.4 lenses. That'd make four of 'em. Smile

Longer than 85, I'd still get a 85/1.8 VC prime and probably a supertele. Hoarding knows no bounds - thankfully I don't earn nearly enough to manifest it so blatantly. Smile
Just checked.

I still have some space left in one or two drawers.  Huh 

Funny.

What will look good in those bloody drawers?  <_<

Something round, probably black? Heavy? Shimmering? Slightly vibrating when I look at it in a certain angle? *droolmodeON*

Quote: and now I have three lenses: 18-55, 17-55 and 15-85 and it's hard to let one go....

I begin to understand that some people carry 25kg of photo-stuff around,

;-)