Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samyang 35-150mm f/2-2.8 leaked
(04-06-2023, 11:41 AM)Rover Wrote: It was like yesterday that Samyang only had some MF primes without so much as electronic coupling, and now they're throwing down with the best of 'em. Smile

Funnily enough they did have electronic coupling on Pentax lenses ........ and I was begging for them to go AF ...... now they have done, mirror-less has taken over and nothing there for me Smile
Hey - I never thought I'd go mirrorless so quickly. Although it looks like for the next journey I'll have to leave the new camera behind...
Hi Klaus & all,

I'd appreciate a test of this new Samyang comparing it to its Tamron counterpart.

You haven't yet published a test of the Tamron 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD, or have you?

Kind regards and keep up the good work!

Michael

Kind regards,

Michael

So far, I'm reluctant to test the S/T35-150mm. It's a rather exotic lens and quite expensive to rent/obtain locally.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I wonder, have you tried getting in touch with the local photogs to have them provide whatever lenses they have for testing? (Although, well, of course you have... I can also imagine that the working pros all have basically the same kits, just with whichever brand they have... 16-35, 24-70, 70-200 2.8, with few if any exotics thrown into the mix).
The 35-150mm lenses are probably very wedding photography-centric. And I stay away from weddings at a maximum distance. ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Well, I can understand avoiding the shackles (I've been doing this...), but so long as you just ask a 'tog for a lens, not much harm would come out of this... Right? :-)