Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you rate the MFT market position today?
I tend to use things, anything, until it breaks! Of course, I really like the MFT system. I'll use it until it breaks. I think it's more phycological that it's not more popular as it probably meets 99% of the needs of the majority of folks who are buying FF or APS-C.

For me, I'm pretty happy with my setup. I don't really need any more lenses for my purpose. Which is mostly street/travel photography. One of my Pen-f bodies was stolen, so from time to time I check the used market for another body like an em-5 III. However, used are selling so close to the new price I can't see buying one.

The Pen-F was released 7.5 years ago. Sensor-wise nothing has changed in that time. In fact, there's been very little of anything released during that time. One may argue more has gone away within the system!

Other pros and cons:

Cons:
Cost of MFT has always been too high, IMO.
Agree, I don't think I've used pixel shift since I was originally playing around when I got the camera.
It may never fill some niches adequately. This is mostly in pro territory.
Is it going away tomorrow or the next day? Not that this changes anything if you have a system.
3rd party never really supported it.

Pros.
Small and light weight. I can fit a whole kit in a bag smaller than my GF's purse. With APS-C or FF, this took a good size backpack.
I can use it in places where they tell people with FF/APS-C cameras to put them away. In this regard, people view it more as a phone camera.
In general, people don't get upset when they see you pointing the camera their way.
I'm sure there's a lot better, but I have no real issues with DR and higher ISO ranges.
All the lenses I really need are there.
It's a camera you can take with you everywhere and everyday if you so choose to. It's easy to take a body and lens on a crazy adventure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would you rate the MFT market position today? - by mike - 06-17-2023, 01:27 AM
RE: How would you rate the MFT market position today? - by davidmanze - 02-03-2024, 08:20 AM