Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony Alpha 6500 announced
Quote: Still missing?  Surely omitted to create  built in obsolescence, four models down the road they will finally fit one!  Tongue  Rolleyes
Well, you know my idea on this already. Because of limited camera real estate they chose not to include a headphone plug (similar to the Panasonic GX8, EOS M5, Fuji X-T2, all with small form factor). Just poking fun above with our earlier discussion Wink
Hmm... the RX100 (of whatever iteration) are looking more and more enticing as the "carry anywhere" camera - and as a midrange compliment to my wide-and-tele-only DSLR setup. If only they hadn't been so damn expensive...

Quote:Well, to be fair - the camera prices are going nuts lately across the board.

It seems as if they are following the motto - half the sales now, so we have to double the price tags.

The upcoming Oly E-M1 II and Pana GH5 seem to be even more expensive.

The camera subsidisation by lenses is gone.

Budget cameras are dead and burried for some years and the new bottom end is the old advanced amateur segment. I don't expect to see anything cheaper than 500$ lenses and 1000$ bodies in the next 5 years. 

1. Well... good optics cost and there is lots of old glass out there. Same with more complex camera bodies. 

2. They need to cover their production costs. You cannot sell at loss for long and we are well past the event horizon in the camera industry.

Nothing new, but not pleasant for consumers. 

Quote:Well, you know my idea on this already. Because of limited camera real estate they chose not to include a headphone plug (similar to the Panasonic GX8, EOS M5, Fuji X-T2, all with small form factor). Just poking fun above with our earlier discussion Wink
 This is truly a "where there's a will there's a way" scenario. Unfortunately they are using "where's there's a will there's a won't" instead:

I"m always up for a giggle BC you know that.    What sort of fun can you have without winding up someone about something?
Up to A6300 Sony would sell the body for cheap, but will tax you on (very few) lenses they have. Now they are changing that it seems.

RX100 - They know it is a winner and press on performance and prices as hard as they can. I thought Mk IV is too expensive already, but given the recent increase it sells well I guess.

The damned thing can shoot 60 Fps in RAW,  for God's sake ???. albeit with being able to follow focus.

OK BC, the new big three,

D500...X-T2...A6500.

Notice how I put the D500 first.. :wub:   Tongue  Big Grin

PS. Normally it's here Tuesday

After 60 frames it will have to cool down a while...

At a railway station  I saw an advert for Samsung S7. Saying "Rethink what a phone can do" or something like that.

Couldn't help to visualise sparks and explosions...

Yeah, with modern "No Smoking" regulations.

"Sorry sir, single shots only inside!"

60 fps without global shutter on the sensor means problematic rolling shutter issue. Unless you shoot 60 fps with static subjects.. 

Oooops.. I made a "bad"....... as they say  in these modern times!

It's the new Olympus OM-D E M1 MkII  that can shoot 60 Fps in RAW.