Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon to approve 3rd party lenses for RF-mount
(08-26-2023, 01:32 PM)Rover Wrote: "They may consider applications if it doesn't hurt their business" to me sounds extremely vague and NOT encouraging. So no reason to get any hopes up.

Obviously, if they wanted to open their mount they would have already done it, for me although the camera body is RF I still use mostly EF lenses: widely available, affordable and made to last.
My last visit to the repairs shop at Canon Lebanon, the owner Tanios discouraged me against RF lenses: they tend to have problems way more frequently than their EF counterparts and the interiors are all made of fragile plastic, yes the lens becomes lighter since it's only metal from outside.
He said RF lenses owners should expect major damage needing very expensive repairs after minor accidents.
BTW Nikon Z lenses and Sony E lenses fall within the same spectrum of problems.
So for me, as long as it's working RF bodies with EF lenses, and since upgrades to camera bodies are quite minor, I don't see myself gaining anything from upgrades, so I am staying with RP for some time

Messages In This Thread
RE: Canon to approve 3rd party lenses for RF-mount - by toni-a - 08-26-2023, 01:54 PM