Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Fujifilm X-A3
Budget fighter

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital...film_x_a3/

Pretty neat budget fighter at that. With the new 23mm f2 (oddly enough I thought there was a 23mm f2 already), it makes a good alternative to the EOS M + 22mm f2 I have.
Indeed, but I think the Canon 22mm f2 lens is awesome. It's extremely small for its speed and its IQ is great.

I wish there were more pancake lenses out there. Wonder why they are such a rare breed, especially in the mirrorless scope...

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:Indeed, but I think the Canon 22mm f2 lens is awesome. It's extremely small for its speed and its IQ is great.

I wish there were more pancake lenses out there. Wonder why they are such a rare breed, especially in the mirrorless scope...
You are right, the Canon Ef-M 22mm f2 is a pretty neat lens. But glad to see Fuji also making a small high IQ "street photography" lens. And it is not thaaat much bigger (well, more than twice the length but that still makes for a nice small lens), 105 grams vs 180 grams.
Samsung was the system for them 'cakes (no less than three... must be a record for any contemporary system) but it has unfortunately kicked the bucket. And I was even thinking of getting one of the Koreans... Say... was that the only time since the turn of the millenium that we had to see off a whole modern system?  Huh

Nikon 1?
Quote:Nikon 1?
Thatone belongs in the same group as Sony A-mount I guess.... Not officially dead (they haven't found the body yet).
Quote:Samsung was the system for them 'cakes (no less than three... must be a record for any contemporary system) but it has unfortunately kicked the bucket. And I was even thinking of getting one of the Koreans... Say... was that the only time since the turn of the millenium that we had to see off a whole modern system?  Huh

If there is one system associated with pancakes lenses, it has to be Pentax. To this day still, they have the largest collection of small lenses. Although some are not real pancakes, some of their fast FF lenses are very small still (31 f1.8, 43 f1.9, 77 f1.8). For APS-C they have: 21 f3.2, 40 f2.8, 70 f2.4 and 15 f4 (although this last one is quite a bit larger). Generally, their lenses are much smaller than the competition, whether primes or zooms.

I wish they would have quit the DSLR world early to embrace mirrorless and design several pancake lenses... Oh well, Fuji filled the spot quite nicely :wub:

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:If there is one system associated with pancakes lenses, it has to be Pentax. To this day still, they have the largest collection of small lenses. Although some are not real pancakes, some of their fast FF lenses are very small still (31 f1.8, 43 f1.9, 77 f1.8). For APS-C they have: 21 f3.2, 40 f2.8, 70 f2.4 and 15 f4 (although this last one is quite a bit larger). Generally, their lenses are much smaller than the competition, whether primes or zooms.

I wish they would have quit the DSLR world early to embrace mirrorless and design several pancake lenses... Oh well, Fuji filled the spot quite nicely :wub:
Pentax mirrorless? As in the K-01 or the Q? Well... there's no accounting for tastes. Smile I'd prefer that they stick to what they do best (if the word "best" even applies here).

Quote:Pentax mirrorless? As in the K-01 or the Q? Well... there's no accounting for tastes. Smile

I wasn't talking about mirrorless, merely about lenses (regardless of the system type).
--Florent

Flickr gallery