•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EOS M5 announced
Quote:Actually the Fuji's XT-2 headphone socket is on the grip! 

My three DSLRs which are not renowned for great video, have one, the  D7100/D750 and even the K3.. it's useful especially when there is a lot of background noise!

I'm nothing like a serious videotog but I still want a headphone socket, you just put one in and that's that, total cost almost nothing, you don't defend not having one!
So the Fuji X-T2 comes without it.

Your 3 DSLRs have plenty of real estate, right?

How does the headphone socket get rid of the background noise? Wink
Quote:Sony cameras (and Olympus cameras and Pentax DSLRs) with IBIS had issues with shutter slap. This Canon won't have issues with shutter slap.
The Sony mirrorless stuff doesn´t feature afaik IBIS. Anyhow, shutter slap issues are causally not linked to presence or absence of IBIS, IBIS may contribute to it though. Why won´t the M5 have issues with shutter slap?
If it's the same shutter as used in the M3, the M5 will have a significant shutter slap.

Quote:...and the real estate on these cameras (EOS M5, A6000, A6300, GX8, even the "much" bigger Fuji X-T2) is limited. None have a headphone socket.
For the X-T2 I can say, the headphone socket on the additional booster grip works well Smile

And the electronic shutter, too. I don't know the shutter slap of the Canon, but the Fuji doesn't have much.
So Joju, what do you think of the X-T2? Does it meet your expectations?

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:The Sony mirrorless stuff doesn´t feature afaik IBIS. Anyhow, shutter slap issues are causally not linked to presence or absence of IBIS, IBIS may contribute to it though. Why won´t the M5 have issues with shutter slap?
Because the shutter slap moves the movable sensor, which causes blur. If the camera has no IBIS, no shutter slap blur. Unless it is a Nikkor DSLR and certain Nikkor lenses with VR.
Quote:So the Fuji X-T2 comes without it.

Your 3 DSLRs have plenty of real estate, right?

How does the headphone socket get rid of the background noise? Wink
This is a forum where we discuss things, you are a Canon man, so you defend your territory, I'm a Nikon dude  and love vultures right.. and find myself circling above the M5, I see a nice camera with no headphone socket.

Circling above the X-T2 I see loads of things I like including 4K, very fast AF, great build and a whole bunch of features but no headphone socket.  If you are serious about video and want extra shooting time, extra battery life and faster frame rate you need a vertical grip, you know the one with the headphone socket.

Headphone sockets enable you to hear what the mic is hearing, the end result, if there is a problem you can move the camera or use an off camera mic in another position, but, as you are a "very knowledgeable guy", I think you knew that anyway.  Rolleyes

Just being realistic... Small consumer camera where there is not a lot of real-estate. I was not complaining about the A6000 and A6300, the GX8, when they came out without headphone plug either, so scrap the idea that i'm defending the canon turf.

Quote:So Joju, what do you think of the X-T2? Does it meet your expectations?
I have it since last Tuesday and not much time to go out for longer shooting sessions. Yesterday I was walking around in Bruxelles and after that very pleased about the handling. The results I can see when at home again - and maybe one of the programmers of my RAW converters start to come up with an X-T2 interpreter.

It has some of the usual Fuji UI quirks like ”level hidden at the end of a deep menu without being able to assign it to a function button”, useless (to me) customer settings and no possibility to save settings to a memory card. All this features are only minuscule. Major impression is, it feels very, very well in my hand and I never got a grip from Nikon which was adding so much functions to an already well done camera. And I got a pretty good deal on it, like 10% less.
On the silent shutter "need", not only does the shutter on IBIS cameras cause havoc with moving the sensor (and does the M5 not have IBIS), it also creates noisier images and less DR due to an increase in read noise.

Sony drops RAW from 14 to 12 bits when using silent shutter mode (or 13 bits to 12 bits).

And then there is the rolling shutter issue. It seems the wish for silent shutter is more a specs list reading thing?

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next