Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Samyang Premium lenses
85mm f/1.2

http://www.samyanglensglobal.com/product...l.do?SQ=53

14mm f/2.4

http://www.samyanglensglobal.com/product...l.do?SQ=52

Manual focus

The 14mm has some extreme MTFs there ...
The 85f1.2 should be sweet if the pricing is right

Did they introduce aperture coupling?
As the 85/1.2 is only of Canon (which is relief to me, honestly - manual focusing with such a thing...) I really wonder how a comparison with Nikkor 14-24, the Zeiss 15/2.8, Irix lens and this Samyang would be like. Samyang is stealing pretty blunt Zeiss' design wit a sidelook to the Milvus-series.

Quote:The 85f1.2 should be sweet if the pricing is right

Did they introduce aperture coupling?
Reading between the lines I think they are upping the game with aluminum construction and a fast aperture, they could surely ask a semi premium price.

As for aperture they have it on Nikon and other mounts just not on Canon, guess that they haven't yet dipped their toes into an electronic aperture, but.... 
Quote:As the 85/1.2 is only of Canon (which is relief to me, honestly - manual focusing with such a thing...) I really wonder how a comparison with Nikkor 14-24, the Zeiss 15/2.8, Irix lens and this Samyang would be like. Samyang is stealing pretty blunt Zeiss' design wit a sidelook to the Milvus-series.

Actually I thought it looks similar to the Irixlens.

I was also wondering about a manual focus 85mm f/1.2 on a DSLR but then I think that the f/1.4 aren already not usable really and they still sell.

[Image: blackstone-horizontal.png]

[Image: Zeiss_Milvus_15_18_135_750.jpg]

[Image: samyang-product-photo-prm-lenses-14mm-f2...r_02.L.jpg]

With all the soft curves, I'll stick with a "Zeiss-copy" in design.

The 85mm f1.2 could have used a bit more room for the back element still. The optical design is not totally unlike the ancient Canon, even with 1 asphere. The Canon has such a big back element that the contact block covers part of it.