Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meyer-Optik Primoplan 58mm f/1.9 Kickstarter campaign
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mey...s-primopla

I continue to be a little sceptical regarding the Meyer-Optik stuff.

The 'wonder bokeh' sucks in my opinion.
I like it well enough, however it's an effect lens, but as I found the Helios for 4 euros which comes fairly close it would be difficult for me to kickstart their venture.

What's more I don't understand their price structure.

I'll buy a dozen, of course.  :lol:

Seems they want to revive all old lens-formulas.

Which would be ok if they would plan to market their

'new' old lenses for a reasonable price ... i mean, compared

with modern primes with prices comparable to their 

planned price, the old lens-formula is not competitive ...

so i personally do not see a single reason to buy such

stuff. (besides being a collector eventually).

[Image: b51658b263133416ceb774fa9a02b5a8_origina...5f1defdc1d]

wonder what's the point of posting this picture ? nothing appealing aside the bokeh, if it were mine I would have deleted it and never showed it 

Quote:nothing appealing aside the bokeh

... and even that is ... hmmm ... a matter of personal taste (to say that friendly) ...

just my 2cts ... Rainer
This one at least is quite a charming little lens. But the pricing is a bit silly. Is that what you get when you try to produce lenses in a country where people want a salary to pay for all the luxuries in life? I guess so.
Let's be realistic, if they offer the lens for a low price, let's say 50-100$,  how much profit would they make per lens ? 10 to 20$ , how much units will they sell, will this cover the investment they made ?

however with a large profit margin, and few lenses made, the whole process is simpler they can even assemble their lenses manually per customer request, and naturally they are aiming collectors, who else would pay his money on such lenses at such prices

Quote:[Image: b51658b263133416ceb774fa9a02b5a8_origina...5f1defdc1d]

wonder what's the point of posting this picture ? nothing appealing aside the bokeh, if it were mine I would have deleted it and never showed it 
Perhaps that's the point. Of late people have been going crazy to get ever more shallow DOF and da boken over everything else, and more than a few makers are tapping into that.