Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamron SP 150-600mm mk I vs mk II
I would want the DSLR because of the ergonomics and the OVF. I'd want the Fuji lens for portability. Hmmmmm.

1400usd
I take half a dozen...  B)

Will bundle it together, get an APS-C adapter and collect six times more light. For whatever purpose.

As others said, it's a trade-off between IQ/light-gathering ability vs portability.

For my needs, I'd take portability any day.

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Comparison with Fuji is obvious however I don't see anyone (with few exceptions of course) changing ships for a lens.

I know that actually Sony and Nikon have better sensors, yet I bought Canon.

It's not about loyalty since I don't mind third party gear, but about being used to a system.

My tokina 16-28 is excellent yet it is very annoying to have to turn it reverse to zoom.

What is reverse for me is the usual way for others. I guess you got my point.
With these long teles, it's not always easy to get decent shots due to atmosphere pollution - this is independent of sensor size.

Changing ship? Why, you could also increase a fleet. I tried twice if a decent superzoom (which have VC and due to 2000 mm equiv.) wouldn't be enough for my needs. If 4K video would have been a concern, a Lumix GH 4 can do more than Nikon. Sometimes I really have to ask myself, is this the best way to get a good picture or are there others which might work smoother. The answer is individual, but as there is no best camera, there's also no worst, only less good up to a task.

A year ago, more or less, I was guessing about the lack of long tele choices for the Sony system... Interesting to see how the area is getting hot (perhaps hot is excessive, but let's say warmer and warmer  Wink thanks to third parties. But Tamron still doesn't have the card to play of having its own adapter for E-mount, like Sigma...

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
I don't think, a thunderflash will strike you down after attempting to put a Sigma adapter between a Sony body and Tamron lens. Worth a try, no?  Wink

Using the LA-EA-4 the AF is very fast ...

Gary Hart, for instance, uses since a couple of years the first version of the Tamron, Canon mount, with the Metabones adapter and he's fine. But he's doing static subjects. In theory, the MC-11 should provide better AF. In theory, as I'm not aware of any comparison. But surely it's a marketing point for Sigma.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.