Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD mk II
At least I had the chance to sell the tested lens in the meantime ... ;-)

http://photorumors.com/2016/08/31/tamron...photokina/

Feels like an updated exterior to me (so I won't need to test it ... I can always dream ...)

Looks like they're updating their lenses for the new styling and compatibility with the console (the pre-restyling lenses could not use it, and the 35/45 required factory update to be serviceable). I can safely bet that the rest of the "workhorse" lenses may get the same treatment soon (15-30, 24-70, 70-200, and maybe even some of the older ones that never received the USD - I hope they update the 17-50, the 180 macro and some other lenses that by now stick out in the lineup like a sore thumb.

Now the $32000 question is whether the lens is really only updated on the exterior, so you can really skip the testing... (but remember, there's a lingering menace of the Sigma 150-600 C out there somewhere... Big Grin) The same question applies to the already updated 90mm macro - I don't quite remember if it has received any optical updates.

P. S. Are you going to test the 15-30 and the 70-200 any time soon, by chance? Smile And the 45 and 85 primes? Smile

After I saw the 15-30 in a shopping-window, the term "brick" which Klaus likes to use, popped up very quickly. I think, you're right with your expectations, Rover, but then Tamron will disappoint some users and they have to be at least up to Sigma's standards in price, quality and reliability, preferrably even better. High aims...

Quote:P. S. Are you going to test the 15-30 and the 70-200 any time soon, by chance? Smile And the 45 and 85 primes? Smile
Tamron 15-30 has had en excellent opinion on DPreview they claim it is one of the best ultrawides, a review of this lens would be very interesting, if Dpreview findings aren't confirmed then this review will be the talk of the web
Markus has it on his desk ...
The 150-600mm mk II is different ... :-(
http://www.tamron.jp/en/product/lenses/a022.html

Cool features - and available for Sony, wow. It aims clearly at Sigma Sports version. But has improved features: The zoom lock is independent from FL (Sigma locks only at certain FLs), the tripod foot already comes with Arca-style swallow-tail - but is lsited as "accessory", meaning "more expenses". Here I find the Sigma solution better because it's directly attached to the barrel, not with a ring.

I reckon Sigma to have better sealings, because Tamron only calls it "moisture resistant" which even a paperbox can claim for itself as it doesn't dissolve immediately  Big Grin Great to have choice! Weightwise 900 grams less  :blink: and 10 mm smaller filter Ø. Well done, so far.