Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portraits and lenses ...
For  most of us here photography is a hobby, and (at least for me) a bobby MUST BE FUN. I love fast primes and use them mainly for environment portraits. - But do I get better photos with those fast lenses? - I think so as they give more possibilities and they are just FUN to use.

And about head portraits - they can be very boring, and there are even more boring examples than those above (I just visited a terrible exhibition). However head portrait can be great. As example I love some photos of Hans Gedda - htttp://hansgedda.com/ - Nelson Mandela, Andy Warhol etc. But I agree, you often don´t need super lenses for those studio portraits.   

Quote:Well, I am not sure in how far I can discuss his situation here in the forum. Besides some private stuff, he was employee representative for a company. The latter just ended along with the company itself. Thus I have hope that he will be able to join the club after his current vacation - otherwise I will do Nikon again.

We have always been a part-time gang. Full-time PZ is not an option financially.

I was not trying to squeeze information about Markus' whereabouts out of you, it was more meant as kind of ironic comment to our roles in industrial brainwash (with which I agree). One of the great things at PZ is, that you don't emit video streams for more internet blabla ("internet = superconductor of stupidity" I heard an IT guy saying).

And before you doing Nikon again, I just want to throw in, I'd appreciate very much testing the complete Fujinons (not the kit-lenses) before going into this spectacular conservative manufacturer's portfolio.
Quote: 

And before you doing Nikon again, I just want to throw in, I'd appreciate very much testing the complete Fujinons (not the kit-lenses) before going into this spectacular conservative manufacturer's portfolio.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this statement.

The only Fuji lens that hasn't been reviewed by PZ so far is the 100-400. That's quite a feat, thanks Klaus for the effort  Smile

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Sure?  Wink

XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR (as mentioned)

XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR

XF23mmF2 R WR

Touit 50/2.8 macro (and if it's just about the differences to the Fuji macro)

And the 16 Samyangs I simply don't consider. 

But you are right, the big majority is reviewed. Somehow the Fuji site gave me the impression there are more lenses available.  :wub:

Klaus, if there is such strong demand for portraits you may collaborate with Matt Granger. After all you are in the same city.
A silly question,but where to upload full resolution pictures to link here ?

I already have photobucket account, will it work ?

If anyone is interested, I can provide 100% images of full body portraits with the following lenses:
  • Olympus 25mm f1.4
  • Olympus 45mm f1.8
  • Olympus 75mm f1.8
  • Fuji 35mm f1.4
  • Fuji 56mm f1.2
  • Tamron 90mm f2.8 (on Nikon FF)
  • Nikkor 50mm f1.8 (on Nikon FF)
  • Pentax 35mm f2
  • Pentax 50mm f1.4
  • Pentax 100mm f2.8 macro
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:Sure?  Wink

XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR (as mentioned)

XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR

XF23mmF2 R WR

Touit 50/2.8 macro (and if it's just about the differences to the Fuji macro)

And the 16 Samyangs I simply don't consider. 

But you are right, the big majority is reviewed. Somehow the Fuji site gave me the impression there are more lenses available.  :wub:

The 100-400mm will be out tomorrow.

The 23mm f/2 is certainly NOT available yet.

The 18-135mm and Touit Macro - yeah.

But I'm afraid that I have to entertain the Sony folks later in September.
Quote:Klaus, if there is such strong demand for portraits you may collaborate with Matt Granger. After all you are in the same city.

I think you are clearly overestimating the financial and time budget on which we are operating ... ;-)
Quote:I think you are clearly overestimating the financial and time budget on which we are operating ... ;-)

Maybe so, but Photozone would get “a leg up” if you linked up with Matt (formerly known as That Nikon Guy) Granger.

I have a lot of respect for him.