Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Fujinon XF 23mm f/2 R WR
Substantially better than the XF 35mm f/2 ... yummy 

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital...fications/

vs

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital...fications/

Shall I trade it (35/2) in?  ^_^ Then i had two 23 and no more 35 (but just in between us, I don't use it often...)

I ordered the X-T2 yesterday, the dealer offered me - without asking for - the battery grip for half price. Cool, the extra batteries are nearly paid  Big Grin officially it will be on sale from September 8th.

A little concern about the 43mm filter size; which is hte same as the 35f2. Otherwise positive mtf.

Quote:A little concern about the 43mm filter size; which is hte same as the 35f2. Otherwise positive mtf.
My Canon EF-M 22mm f3 has a 43mm filter thread too. I bought a Marumi 43mm circular-pl filter for it which is not in any way thin or low profile, and it introduces no vignetting at all. 

Only odd thing about this filter I bought is the aluminium finish (not black). Luckily that has not caused me issues (yet) (not shhoting into the sun with a pol. filter).

[Image: pic_02.jpg]

Looking at the small front element in relation to the filter size, and the relatively moderate AOV for 23mm on APS-C, I am confident the filter size is fine for this lens.

Quote:Shall I trade it (35/2) in?  ^_^ Then i had two 23 and no more 35 (but just in between us, I don't use it often...)

I ordered the X-T2 yesterday, the dealer offered me - without asking for - the battery grip for half price. Cool, the extra batteries are nearly paid  Big Grin officially it will be on sale from September 8th.
That will be a nice early Autumn present, all the pre-reviews are making it out to be a very special camera indeed!  I particularly like the left hand side viewfinder, no "beak grease" on the rear screen.
The EVF of the X-T2 is centered, the one of the X-Pro2 is left sided. So, beak grease, no escape from  :unsure: but it might be a nice camera anyway. I wonder when there will be the X-T20?

Quote:The EVF of the X-T2 is centered, the one of the X-Pro2 is left sided. So, beak grease, no escape from  :unsure: but it might be a nice camera anyway. I wonder when there will be the X-T20?
Oh beak greased rear screen it is then!

The Angry Photographer has been playing with the XT-2 today with the latest FW, he now states that it beats the D500 in terms of tracking ability and focus speed.....maybe this is the mirror-less turning point for AF!

Many find the guy painful and bigoted, but his testing of the AF tracking is what many here have been predicting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_895hPva0ZY 
You saw him actually testing something? Maybe you linked the wrong video  :ph34r:  Big Grin  Wink

Valhalla, N.Y., August 25, 2016 – FUJIFILM Corporation has announced the new FUJINON XF23mmF2 R WR, a compact, weather and dust-resistant wide-angle lens weighing just 180g. [...]

Sometimes I'm thinking that they chose that town just for the cool name. Smile

Quote:You saw him actually testing something? Maybe you linked the wrong video  :ph34r:  Big Grin  Wink
No, he was with the Fuji rep for several hours testing the XT-2, these are his findings!