Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your personal photography records
My personal record was around 1650 images in one evening in May '16 (a highly paid shooting for a client). I distilled them down to 580 later. Thankfully I only shoot JPEG but I cranked up the quality for these (so the remaining 580 are still 5GB in size). I did process every decent shot that I put on a flash stick for the client though (cropping + levels + curves + tilt correction where applicable). It was a, to put it mildly, exhausting experience.

A similar thing happened in Aug. '14 when I was shooting the Night of Light event out in the Gatchina park. Being very unsure of what I need to get, and also very apprehensive about the quality of the images, I overshot massively, ending up with around 1300 images (later culled down to 284, 2.2 GB in total). This time I needed to get them out of the gate pronto - the event was on Saturday but I had to get them done by Monday morning - so the entire Sunday was spent sorting, decimating and processing the pictures.

Another of my personal records is the longest exposure time: 2751 seconds (45 minutes 51 seconds), achieved when shooting astro landscapes (what else). I ended up OVEREXPOSING the night sky though.  :blink:

Messages In This Thread
your personal photography records - by toni-a - 08-14-2016, 07:43 PM
your personal photography records - by obican - 08-14-2016, 10:01 PM
your personal photography records - by toni-a - 08-15-2016, 05:55 AM
your personal photography records - by Rover - 08-15-2016, 02:34 PM
your personal photography records - by toni-a - 08-15-2016, 04:54 PM