Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF!
Quote:The duct tape is there to keep the EVF/OVF switchover sensor sane. It is set to a very excited behavior by default, which sadly can't be changed. How Sony went from the excellent sensor in Nex 7 to that diarrhea of a sensor on A7 in 2 years is beyond me. How they failed to fix that in almost 3 years is beyond everyone.

As a long time Sony customer I have come to almost admire the way they completely ignore any input from the outside world!

Quote:"I can wait" appears to me a very good spirit at the moment  Smile

Honestly, Photokina is approaching and although various rumours sites remain silent about mirrorless form CaNikon, I would be surprised if their magicians would not draw a rabbit out of their cylinders. There are already some good or ar least interesting offerings around but that can't be all.

Don't get me wrong, Arthur: At the moment I would not sell my DSLR, it still has some tricks the comparatively simple X-E2 has not. And some parts of Fuji's menu are just not well thought enough for me. Yes, they are constantly improving it and I need to become more flexible: Just because I could put everything what I needed in the Custom bank on a Nikon, it doesn't have to be exactly the same on a Fuji - but a bit of more usability and interoperability would be alright. If you have more than one body of the same type, the settings should be transferrable. Or being customized on a big PC screen.

I still like to have a big camera for the people who judge the photog my the weight and size of it and small ones because the same people don't take it serious - which gives me the pleasure of getting results I could not have with the big boy. Oh yes, and then there's my highly grateful back.

Thanks for taking my comments in the spirit intended.  Sometimes I get a bit snarky.  There were probably better ways of saying that your friend is probably a great father to give his daughter a huge boost in her career, and that his own expectations of his new gear were disappointing.

Also for not reading any class warfare sentiments into my self-imposed struggle using equipment that I have enjoyed pushing to its limits.  I have taken thousands of beautiful, if I do say so myself, photos with a Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 35-80mm f/2.8-3.8.  Basically, an over 35 year old MF zoom on a Rebel T1i.  But, you know what happens.  You get a modern lens, a better camera, and life is a lot easier.  So I can take a few little hurtles, but am so grateful for what my new gear has given me.  Not the ability to take great photos.  The ability to take great photos while driving with the top down sort of thing.

And you guys have truly provided a lot of help.  You'll make a photographer out of me yet!