Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF!
"And nobody will produce Nasim's phantasm, because it would increase the price of the camera and not doing much of a benefit."

Maybe...In fact I would go as far as to say it could not be implemented exactly the way he diagrammed it.  As to little benefit it would have quite a benefit if you consider looking at a view screen on the back of a camera on a sunny day (or dark night) apposed to looking through a viewfinder.  A second significant benefit would be that the EVF's image screen will be small.  Smaller than the area of the mirror since only the flux of the image as a projection onto the optical surface would be necessary.  That means that the power consumption will be smaller by a wide margin.  Another thing he mentioned is what some of us call "true mirror lock-up"  We know it is not a big hurdle since the cameras are doing it now.  That means a much lower power consuming mirrorless mode with better visibility allowing exposure preview, focus peaking, and striping and more to be used for the cost of a small internal screen.  It would also shut of the main screen with several advantages including less processing power to generate the smaller EVF image as well as allowing you to use Live View at night without blinding your self, and drawing attention to your self.  I would be excited to get one!

@ Klaus:  Yes, the market.  There is something I don't understand at all.  The target demographic for these cameras keep changing.  It's almost as if tripling the price of something drives up demand I was surprised when someone we know said the DSLR market is shrinking.  It's funny timing for me, because I have been on the fence.  But suddenly I am seeing really good lenses being made available for my team Canon DSLR.  I mean I should be able to maintain APS-C and FF Canons, sharing the same pool of long focal length lenses and flashes and whatnot.  And, I kid you not, a year or two ago they had the Canon mirrorless on sale with a lens for $100!  I didn't get it because I like what the interchangeable system can do.  Well, I'm finding out I left one thing out.  From all people are saying these damn little MILC's are very fun to use, and probably easier to use as well.  Damn!  I never thought of that! 

Messages In This Thread
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF! - by Arthur Macmillan - 08-13-2016, 11:45 PM
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF! - by JJ_SO - 08-14-2016, 12:04 AM
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF! - by toni-a - 08-14-2016, 03:33 AM
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF! - by Arthur Macmillan - 08-14-2016, 04:27 AM
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF! - by Klaus - 08-14-2016, 06:21 AM
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF! - by JJ_SO - 08-14-2016, 08:35 AM
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF! - by Arthur Macmillan - 08-14-2016, 09:00 AM
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF! - by Arthur Macmillan - 08-14-2016, 10:24 AM
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF! - by JJ_SO - 08-14-2016, 11:49 AM
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF! - by obican - 08-14-2016, 10:13 PM
DSLR with hybrid EVF/OVF! - by Arthur Macmillan - 08-15-2016, 12:07 AM