Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR
Quite nice for such a fast ultra-wide lens.

http://www.opticallimits.com/fuji_x/984-fuji16f14

Wowsers. An extra incentive to buy into this system (at the expense of the Canons that I have, notably the 24/1.4 as this one would replace it squarely).

The charts are actually not all that great compared to the next review ;-)

Quote:Wowsers. An extra incentive to buy into this system (at the expense of the Canons that I have, notably the 24/1.4 as this one would replace it squarely).
You use 1.3x crop. Your 24mm f1.4 is a 31mm f1.8 FF equivalent.

The 16mm f1.4 is a 24mm f2  FF equivalent, not sure how that is "squarely" a replacement (but sure, it is fine to want this Fuji lens, just not sure about the similarity).

On comparing the charts for the 24mm f1.4 on FF, and this Fuji, the Canon outperforms the Fuji sharpness wide even wide open on your APS-H camera.

The next review will be Fuji 35 f2?

Quote:The charts are actually not all that great compared to the next review ;-)

I guess it will be the 35mm f2.0.

I'm looking forward to your review!

Most sites state that the old 35mm f1.4 is optically the better lens, but looking at the complete package (smaller, lighter, WR, much faster AF) the new one might be favored. I own the old 35mm f1.4 which is optically fantastic but it's AF is really slow.

I would be interested if you think that an "upgrade" would be worth it.
My gueess is the 40-150 fuji.

Quote:My gueess is the 40-150 fuji.

That is unlike ... I tested this one earlier this year.
It's the 35mm f2.0, isn't it?

Another - more unlikely guess - would be the 100-400mm, but I guess that this should have worse charts Wink
The Fuji 100-400 was mentioned a short time ago as "bloody awesome", innit?